Chapter Twenty-Seven: High School Musical the Choosical

I came back in just as Carlos and Seb walked in, Carlos carrying some big cardboard thing.

"The party may begin!" He said cheerfully.

"Carlos!" Ashlyn exclaimed.

"Let me get this in here." Ashlyn took the other end of the cardboard thing.

"Whoa, ok, you know its a pot luck and not, like, catering, right?"

"This is not food." He answered.

"Oh, good. I thought it was pizza, too much lactose." Big Red said, causing everyone to laugh. Carlos put the thing on the coffee table, opening it to reveal what looked like a home made High School Musical Board game. "What is that?"

"This is something I've been waiting many long years to share with the world," Carlos exclaimed, "You guys, this is High School Musical, the Choosical!"

"The what now?"

"Carlos, I swear, this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen." I said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you, thank you. Ok, so when I was a child, I wanted to go into the movie. But, the movie was on a screen."

"He's not wrong." Seb said.

"So, I decided to create the next best thing. An interactive, hyperactive, HSM experience that can be played by children and adults, everywhere in the world. As long as they lived in my bedroom."

"Wait, so you've had this for ten years?" Big Red asked.

"And I've never actually played it."

"Ok, we'll totally play it!" Ashlyn said.

"Yeah, of course we're gonna play it, look at this thing!" I said, causing the others to chuckle.

"I'm gonna cry!" Carlos said. "Ok, so there are two teams, the East High Wildcats," He held up a plastic leopard, "And the West High Knights." He held up a knight figurine. "Sort yourselves."

We all got up, splitting up into the two teams, myself opting to join the Wildcats. EJ was sitting in am arm chair, and I was sitting on the floor with my back pressed against his legs. He was light running his fingers through my ponytail as Carlos explained the game.

"Alright, ok, ok you guys. Ok. There are four basic categories. The 'Getcha Head in the Frame' Trivia challenge, the 'Bop Till You Drop' Dance challenge, 'Sync to the Status Quo' Lip Sync Challenge, and 'Looking for Glee', which I thought would be a good name for the singing challenge because when I was a kid, I was obsessed with the show."

"We're theater kids, who wasn't obsessed with that show?" I asked.

"It still holds up." EJ added.

"Oh, good. I thought you guys were gonna judge me." Carlos stated. "So Knights, you guys one the coin toss, so you guys get to pick the first challenge."

"Looking for Glee?" Ricky suggested. "We gotta do looking for Glee, come on."

"Alright, we're gonna 'Look for Glee'." Ashlyn reported.

"Excellent." Carlos drew a card, clearing his throat. "As fast as you can, please sing the lyrics  to 'What I've been Looking For' to the rhythm of 'Getcha Head in the Game'."

"What?!"

"Go! Go." They all started talking at once, singing what sounded like nonsense.

"Its hard to believe ,that I couldn't see,"

"That you were always, always, always right beside me. Thought I was lone, with no one to hold, but you were always, always, always right beside me!" Ashlyn and Big Red sang together.