𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾.

real life.

It was a long, tiring journey, but finally, George and Amelia arrived at the Bahrain Grand Prix

It was a long, tiring journey, but finally, George and Amelia arrived at the Bahrain Grand Prix. Right after they landed, they stopped quickly at the hotel to drop off their luggage before heading to the paddock they hadn't seen for the winter. While George was settling down in his driver room and meeting with his team, Amelia decided to walk around the paddock a bit. After all, she had promised Daniel to see him if she had the time.

While walking past several constructors' offices on the paddock, she greeted several people she walked into. She was well-known within the F1 world. Often enough, she had walked around the paddock next to her big brother, meeting a lot of new people. It was much more crowded in the paddock than the previous year, which surprised her a bit. As she squeezed through the crowd, she made her way to Daniel's trailer at McLaren.

It took her five minutes to get from the Williams trailers to the McLaren trailers. On the front of the two trailers, the upper bodies of both drivers were depicted large. On the left, number 3, Daniel Ricciardo, someone she already knew well. On the right, number 4, Lando Norris, someone she'd never met, even though he was one of George's best friends.

Amelia walked to the left trailer and knocked briefly on the door before entering. She was less than a second inside when she bumped into the body of a stranger. When she looked up, it was the blue-green eyes of that same brunette stranger that immediately caught her attention.

"I'm so sorry," he apologised. He held her briefly by both shoulders to make sure she was okay.

"No, no! It's my fault," she laughed a little as she looked at him. She immediately recognised who he was, as she just saw his picture a couple of seconds ago. "You're Lando, right?" She asked him.

"Yeah, that's me." Lando gave her a big smile, showing small dimples next to the corners of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I really thought I went into Daniel's trailer," Amelia said, a little ashamed, as she felt her cheeks burn. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You did," Lando said, still giving her the same smile. "But he's not here apparently. I was also looking for him."

"Well, isn't that convenient?" Amelia quickly tried to chuckle away her embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Amelia." She held out her hand, which Lando quickly grabbed and shook. He seemed to recognise the name, as he only knew one person telling him about it.

"As in George's sister Amelia?" He asked, just to be sure.

"Yes, that's me." Now it was Amelia's turn to show Lando her smile, who seemed to be surprised that she was the sister of one of his good friends.

"Wow, you don't look like him at all, you know that?" He said with complete amazement.

"Haha, yeah, I know. George and I get that comment a lot." Amelia chuckled. It was true. She and George were quite different. They differed in eye colour, as George's were blue-greenish while Amelia's were bright green. Amelia's hair was also a lot lighter blonde than George's. It must be said, though, if she had not bleached her hair, the differences would be much less.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Amelia." Lando didn't know how to stop smiling at the girl before him. She was gorgeous, even prettier in real life than Lando had seen from the pictures George posted on his Instagram.

"It's nice to meet you, too," Amelia said. "Want to look for our friend Daniel together?" She asked him, to which Lando answered with a nod. They walked out of the trailer and searched the paddock for the Aussie driver. As they strolled around the paddock, they got the chance to get to know each other a little bit. Amelia learned about Lando's F1 career as he was curious to know more about Amelia's love for the sport.

Eventually, they found Daniel in front of the Red Bull motor home, where he was talking to Dutch driver Max Verstappen. The four of them caught up about their winter break before it was time for all three drivers to return to their teams as they all had meetings. Amelia returned to her brother's team, waiting for him to finish his briefing.

As she sat on the deck of the Williams motor home, enjoying some of the Bahrain sun, her phone vibrated from her purse. She grabbed it out of it from the chair next to her and started smiling when she saw the notification on her screen.

instagram: landonorris started following you.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

Later in the evening, Amelia and George returned to their hotel room. George was lying on his bed with his laptop on his lap, doing things that Amelia never really understood. She loved F1 but never really dug into all the kinds of data. In the meantime, she was getting ready to go to bed and thinking about the moment from earlier this afternoon when she met Lando.

"Why didn't you ever introduce me to Lando?" She asked her brother as she stepped into her bed. Why that question came to her mind, she had no idea.

George shrugged. "I don't know. I think you passed each other every time. It's never been necessary, as far as I can remember." He looked up from his laptop. "Why are you asking?"

"Oh, nothing special. I just wondered." She said as she fluffed up her pillows to get comfortable.

George remained silent and returned his focus to his laptop again. As Amelia tried to lie down comfortably, she heard her brother close his laptop and get out of bed to place it on the desk on the other side of the room. She listened to the sounds of George returning to his bed and laying down. "Good night, Lia," he said before turning off the lights.

"Good night, George."