𝗍𝖾𝗇.

real life.

It was past eleven when the couple arrived back at their hotel from their date

It was past eleven when the couple arrived back at their hotel from their date. Both had an amazing night in Bologna. The restaurant where they ate was great. After dinner, they enjoyed a nice evening stroll through the city before returning to the hotel. Neither of them wanted the night to end, but it had to because they had a flight to catch early tomorrow morning.

Lando parked the rental car in front of the hotel. He got out first and walked around the vehicle to open the door for his date. "Thank you," Amelia smiled at him as she held his hand while getting out. Lando handed the car keys to the hotel's valet, who took the car back to the parking lot. He left Amelia and Lando standing by themselves in front of the hotel.

"Let me walk you to your room," Lando said as he rested his hand on Amelia's lower back. She had been wearing a simple black dress the entire night that Lando thought looked beautiful on her. He himself was dressed in dark blue jeans with a white shirt, feeling underdressed compared to his date the entire night.

Lando's hand stayed on Amelia's back the entire way toward the elevators. Amelia felt her skin under his hand burn because of his touch. The whole evening, they had a great time. But ever since they got back into the car on their way to the hotel, there has been some kind of tension between them. Some sort of desire for each other that neither of them could deny.

They took the elevator to the right floor and walked to Amelia's room. Neither of them said a word until they stopped in front of the door, hoping it would delay tonight's end. Unfortunately, it didn't. It was Amelia who started to talk first.

"I've had an amazing night, Lando. Thank you," she said with a weak smile. Since she didn't know what to say else, she stayed quiet and waited for a reaction from Lando.

"Me too. To be honest, I don't want to end the night yet," the Brit admitted.

"Me neither." Amelia looked up into Lando's eyes and saw his gaze switching between her eyes and her lips. She felt her cheeks heat up because of his staring. The effect this boy had on her was insane.

Slowly, Lando closed the gap between the two of them. They were only centimetres apart when Lando lifted his hand and tucked a strand of her loose, blonde hair behind her ear. His hand moved from her ear to her cheek and cupped around it. Amelia started to feel weak in her knees. If he wouldn't make his move quickly, she would do it.

"Is it okay if I kiss you goodnight?" Lando whispered as he placed his other hand on her hip. Amelia nodded quickly, desperate for the feeling of his lips against hers. She didn't have to wait long before she got what she wanted.

As their lips made contact, Amelia placed both of her hands on Lando's chest. The kiss was slow and soft, but it made both their stomachs explode with butterflies. Never had one simple first kiss felt so good for the both of them. Unfortunately, the feeling stopped after only a few seconds.