𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

REAL LIFE

Lando's fingers intertwine with Amelia's as they approach the paddock

Lando's fingers intertwine with Amelia's as they approach the paddock. Photographers line up, all hoping to get a good shot of the couple. Lando takes his pass from his pocket and scans it to get through the gates. On the other side he waits for Amelia who also scans her pass and as soon as she is next to him again, his hand finds hers again. He looks at her and squeezes her hand as they walk towards the McLaren motorhome. Today was an important day for the team and slight nervousness ran through his body. It was race day for the third week in a row. The final Grand Prix of this triple header was held today in Monza, and team McLaren had good starting positions. Daniel was in P2 next to his old teammate Max. Lando shared the second row with 7-time world champion Lewis Hamilton. If all went well today, the team could take a double podium for the first time in a long time. This would also be good points for the rivalry with Ferrari, who were further back on the grid.

Without saying a word, the couple enters the McLaren building. Amelia is called by two other girls on the team. She wants to walk towards the girls, but Lando holds her hand tightly and pulls her back towards him. "Lando, I've got to work as well, remember?" she laughs. He looks at her with puppy eyes and a pout and wraps his arms around her. "Don't go. I need you here," He hears her snigger softly against his chest while he also feels her arms around his waist. "I'll be there in the garage, waiting for you to cross the line and to claim your fifth podium, okay?" She looks up and her eyes meet his. Lando pretends to think about it and finally mumbles a soft "okay." He gives her a short kiss and hugs her tightly for a few seconds, then reluctantly releases her and watches her walk away from him. "Lando, are you coming?" He hears Jon say behind him. He turns to him. "Yeah," he says and walks with his trainer towards his room.

"Okay, I'm ready. You can take place," Jon points to the table between him and Lando. Lando has already changed into his racing suit. Lando lies on his stomach on the table and soon feels Jon's hands pressing on his back. "So," his trainer begins. "How are things going with you and Lia? You seemed pretty happy back downstairs," Lando lets out a groan as Jon presses on a painful spot before answering. "Yeah, we're happy," he says. "I'm glad you found a girl like Amelia. She changed you man, in a good way. She has made you happier, more confident. If I were you I'll make sure she stays with you. I don't want to know what would happen to you if you two broke up. She's the one for you, man." Lando chuckles at Jon's emotional speech and pushes himself up off the table.

"Are you crying mate?" He laughs and lets himself fall back. "Don't worry, I've got a plan," he grins to himself. "Are you gonna propose to her?" Jon asks in surprise. "God, no! We're not ready for that. Besides, we haven't been together that long. No, mate, I'm gonna ask her to move in with me," Lando says proudly and sits up again on the mark of Jon. He looks at him in surprise as he prepares the gear for Lando's neck training. "Really? That's awesome, mate. Congrats," Jon grabs the gear and puts it around Lando's head. "She has to say yes first," Lando mumbles as he clicks the clip under his chin.