𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟕

𝐚𝐛𝐮 𝐝𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢

Amelia wakes up this morning in an empty bed

Amelia wakes up this morning in an empty bed. After stretching out and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she soon realizes her husband wasn't next to her anymore. Yes, husband. She and Lando got married about three years ago. It was a beautiful wedding on the island of Santorini, Greece. The same country where Lando asked her to marry him a year before. All of their friends and family were there, and it was one of the best days of their lives.

She grabs her phone from the nightstand and checks the time. 09:02. That meant Lando had already left to go to the track. Amelia automatically starts to smile when she sees her background picture. It was a picture of her and Lando, right after his first win back in 2022. They were so young in the picture. It was taken in Japan, where he had his maiden win. Who would've thought he would get his first win at his favorite track?

Amelia remembers the race like it was yesterday. He had qualified P2 on Saturday with some help from the rain. Besides him stood Max, who had been dominating the entire season and was about to win his second world championship, which he did at the end. Lando had a better start than the Dutchman and overtook him in the first corner. After that, he drove away from the rest and crossed the line as first.

When he got out of the car, he immediately ran towards his team. They embraced him tightly and didn't want to let him go. After hugging him to death, they finally let him go to hug Amelia. They'd never shared a tighter embracement than that one. They didn't even notice people taking pictures of them. They were too busy celebrating Lando's win.

Amelia places her phone back on the nightstand and steps out of the bed. She lets her feet slide into her slippers, and she walks up to the windows to open the curtains and let the daylight inside. After looking at the stunning view for a couple of seconds, she turns around and walks out of the bedroom. She stops in front of the door diagonally across from the bedroom and knocks softly on the door before opening it.

As she walks in, she sees her little girl is still sleeping in her bed. With a proud smile, she looks at her daughter before walking past the bed. She opens the curtains a crack so Millie can slowly wake up to the morning light. She turns back around and walks towards the bed before sitting on the edge of it. With her fingers, she strokes the blonde hairs of the sleeping girl until her bright blue eyes, which had the same color as her dad's, meet hers.

Millie Norris was their three-year-old daughter. She was an exact copy of Amelia and Lando, having Lando's eyes and nose but Amelia's blonde hair and smile. She wasn't exactly a planned pregnancy, but that didn't matter to them at all. They were thrilled to welcome their first child into the world, almost ten months after their wedding. She was the sweetest and smartest little girl. She loved the attention she got from everyone in the paddock whenever she walked there with her mom and enjoyed spending time with her racing uncles.