𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

REAL LIFE

Focused, Amelia sits staring at her laptop in her office

Focused, Amelia sits staring at her laptop in her office. It was early Wednesday morning, the day after her and Lando's six-month anniversary. Luckily she only had to be at MTC in the morning today. That way, she could still spend the afternoon with Max and Lando before her boyfriend had to fly to Saudi Arabia. They had agreed to play golf this afternoon, as that was what Lando preferred to do to relax before a race weekend. Usually, this was an activity for just Max and Lando, but since they wouldn't see each other for a week because Amelia is staying in England, Lando really wanted her to come along.

She is taken out of her thoughts by a series of knocks on her office door, which is open. She looks up to see Zak Brown standing in the doorway.

"Hey Lia, can we talk for a minute?" he asks and takes a few steps into her office. Amelia nods and closes her laptop.

"Sure," she smiles at the McLaren boss. Zak takes a seat in the chair in front of her desk. He clasps his hands together as he looks at her with a reasonably neutral look. It's hard for Amelia to read how he's feeling right now.

"I wanted to talk to you about next year," Zak begins, and a worried face emerges. Amelia purses her lips and nods. She knew this moment had to come one day. When she signed her contract earlier this year, it was made clear to her that it probably wouldn't be possible to offer her the same position next year. It was something that she didn't really think about at the time, but which has been haunting her mind the past few days.

"Please know that we are thrilled to have you on our team. If you want, you are very welcome to join the team next year." She looks a bit surprised at Zak. There was actually a place for her on the team.

"Unfortunately, as expected, we can no longer offer you the same position as this year. You can have a place within our PR team. You would do the same as what you have been doing the last few weeks. That means you will have more time spent here in MTC, and you can come with us to a race weekend less often."

Amelia bites her lower lip. That would be difficult.

"Now I know that you love your job very much, but also Lando. And I also know that you and Lando are not yourself when you are not together. You should have seen him over the weekend in Mexico. That boy was not to hold it," Zak chuckles at the end. She started to smile because she knew that Zak was right.

"There is a job waiting for you if you want it. But please think about it carefully. And talk to Lando about it too. Because I know how important it is for both him and you that you are with him on a race weekend."

With those words, Zak gets up and walks towards the door. Standing in the doorway, he turns to Amelia, who is sitting doubtingly behind her desk.

"I'll hear from you," he says with a reassuring smile and then walks away. Amelia slumps back in her chair. What should have been a quiet day at the office was now turned upside down.