𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

REAL LIFE

"No you muppet! That screw has to go in there!" Lando screams at his best friend as he points to the table leg that Max is holding in his hands

"Look! The manual really says it should be here!" Max goes against him and takes out the thick manual to give it to Lando.

"Freaking Ikea furniture..." Lando mumbles as he flips through it.

"Everything okay in here?" Both guys look up and see the blonde in Lando's sweater and sweatpants standing in the door frame. Her arms are crossed in front of her chest, and her hair is tied up in a loose bun. She watches the two friends with an amused look as they struggle to assemble a piece of furniture.

"Yeah, everything's good," Lando smiles at her and throws the manual back at Max, right against his face. "Ow! Hey, watch out mate!" he exclaims and throws his hands in the air. Laughing, Amelia shakes her head at the guys. Two grown men, having so much trouble with one simple desk for their studio.

"I just came to tell that dinner's ready in fifteen minutes," she says eventually and walks out of the room, back into the kitchen. She looks through the oven window at the status of her chicken and then sets the dinner table for the three of them. Then she walks to the stove and stirs the vegetables a few times. Her head begins to move slowly with the music playing softly. There is silence in the rest of the house for a while. There is no longer shouting from the new studio as used to be the case. Amelia gets a bit into her own world and doesn't notice that Lando has now walked into the same room as her.

While he does, he looks at the girl who's standing in front of the counter, serving their dinner. She stands with her back to him. Her hips move to the rhythm of the music as she scoops the vegetables from the pan onto the plates. A smile surrounds his lips as he looks at her and walks over to her. He lets his arms slide around her petite waist, making her startle a bit because of his touch. "Hi," she gasps, but then quickly smiles when he kisses her cheek softly.

"It smells delicious, love," he compliments her. She feels her cheeks getting warm and escapes from his grasp to put the pan back on the stove. Lando turns and leans himself against the counter with both hands wrapped around the edge. He follows her every move as she cleans up the kitchen and can't seem to suppress a grin. "This is definitely something I could get used to," he says. Amelia looks his way with a questioning but smiling look. She walks over to him, and as soon as she is in front of him, his arms find their way around her waist again, pulling her closer to him. She puts her hands on his chest and plays with the strings of his sweater before looking him in the eye.

"You, making dinner for me since I can't cook," he continues. A chuckle escapes her mouth. Her eyes take on a dreamy haze as images of a future with Lando flash through her mind. "Just us, in this big empty house without Max or anyone else," he dreams on.