𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

REAL LIFE

Exhausted from the previous day, Lando walks into the paddock

Exhausted from the previous day, Lando walks into the paddock. Fortunately, there was nothing serious wrong with Lando's elbow or ankle. The bruises showed up the same night and Lando limped a bit, but everything else went well. He hadn't slept much. It was hard to fall asleep with an elbow that still hurt a lot. But here he was, tired but ready to race. Lando had put on many layers of clothing to keep himself warm. His beanie and mask made him almost unrecognizable, and that way, he walked around the track with Jon next to him. The team had cleared him to appear on track a little later so that he could rest a bit. Amelia was already there. She had to be there at the normal time. As soon as Lando enters the McLaren hospitality, he sees her sitting at the table with Daniel and Michael. He quickly says hello to the threesome and kisses Amelia on the cheek before continuing upstairs to his room with Jon chasing him.

Daniel, Michael and Amelia looked at him a little worried. It was clear to see that he wasn't feeling very well yet. "How did he sleep last night?" Michael asks Amelia, who shrugs. "I don't really know. When I left, he said he slept okay. But when I see him like this now, I don't know if he was telling the truth," She shuts her laptop and looks at the stairs Lando had just walked. "I think I'm just going to leave him alone for a bit today. I think he could use his moments of rest when I see him like this," she says. "I think that's the best thing for him right now," Michael confirms her suspicion. "The weather doesn't really help his mood either," Daniel sighs and looks out bored. It was raining, still. The weather has been terrible this whole weekend, but today was by far the worst. "I really think it would be a question of whether you can race or not," Michael looks out with Daniel and looks hard. Small rivers of rainwater flowed through the paddock. Imagine how much water would be on track. In short, it didn't bode well.

As Michael predicted, it was still a question of whether they would be allowed to race. It was four o'clock. The race was originally supposed to have been going on for an hour, but each driver sat in their garage, waiting for it to get a little drier. They had done a few laps behind the safety car as formation laps. It soon became apparent that the drivers' visibility was extremely poor, so the race was halted. Everyone was now bored waiting for the track to dry up a bit. Amelia had taken a seat at the exit of Lando's garage with Adam Norris. They catch up while Lando stands at Will's wall, talking about the weather forecast. It didn't look like it would stop raining for a while. With a deep sigh, Lando leaves Will alone and takes a seat next to Amelia. He tries to hide a yawn behind his mask and rubs the fatigue from his eyes with his fingers. Both his father and his girlfriend look at him concerned. "You didn't sleep well last night, did you?" Amelia asks insistently. Lando puts the hood of his jacket on his head and shakes his head. "Then why did you say you did this morning?" A little bit of disappointment was heard in Amelia's voice. "I didn't want you to worry," Lando murmurs, resting his head on her shoulder as he closes his eyes. Amelia puts her head back on his and looks at Adam, who smiles at them. She can tell from Lando's breathing that he is falling asleep. Sighing, she looks outside at the pouring rain. This was going to be a long day...

—————

INSTAGRAM POST

●○○

○●○

○●○

○○●

○○●

♡ LIKED BY DANIELRICCIARDO AND 527.629 OTHERS

@landonorris: Some pics to sum up this day, made by @ameliarussell (she forced me to tag her). Was excited to fight back today after yesterday's crash, but Mother Nature didn't gave us the chance. Huge respect to all the fans who have been waiting in the rain for the race for hours, you guys are legendary! Hope we get some better weather in Zandvoort. Excited to go racing there! 🧡

—————

@username: that sleeping pic is just everything

@username: not even a picture of the moment he was sleeping on Amelia's shoulder 🥲🙄 lil disappointed

@ameliarussell: i do love you though 😘
@landonorris: ofc you do, everyone loves me
@georgerussell63: what an assumption mate @landonorris

@carlossainz55: this man just sleeps and eats, nothing more
@landonorris: that's basically my life yeah

@mclaren: don't tell us you're not rested enough for Zandvoort now!

@username: you're the cutest! 😍

@maxfewtrell: if this is racing life in F1 i think i can join as well
@landonorris: that would be great fun mate ngl
@ameliarussell: we all know that would turn into one big disaster 😂 @landonorris @maxfewtrell
@team_quadrant: FACT @ameliarussell
@georgerussell63: FACT IS MY LINE @team_quadrant