𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

REAL LIFE

Evenings like this one Amelia secretly liked the most

Evenings like this one Amelia secretly liked the most. Alone on the couch in sweatpants and one of Lando's sweaters while Netflix is on on the TV. A half-empty wine glass stood on the coffee table, and the half-eaten chocolate bar lay next to her on the couch as she watched one of her favorite romantic comedies. The only minor drawback of this evening was the screaming that came from above.

Lando and Max were streaming. They've been doing that a lot the last few days. Max practically lived here, which in principle, she had no problem with. But an evening for her and Lando was not in it for the time being. She didn't want to admit it, but lately, she's been missing it a lot. The last time they went on a real date was during their trip to Paris, which had been almost a month now. During their two weeks in Austria, they always spent their evenings with other drivers, which was great fun. But they had been home for over a week now, it was Silverstone time in two days, and not even one evening had they had a moment of small talk. Lando often played games with Max late into the night, and by the time he went to bed, Amelia was already asleep. He certainly felt guilty about that and tried to make up for it every morning by cuddling with her. She accepted it for the first few days, but she is more and more tired of it.

She is taken out of her thoughts by hard bangs on the stairs. When she turns her head, she sees that it is Max who comes downstairs with tears in his eyes from laughter. Frowning, she looks at him, and he looks back, after which he laughs hard again and runs back upstairs. Laughing, she shakes her head and tries to focus on her film again but is distracted by a laughing Lando from above. A smile appears on her face. His laugh always made her happy, no matter how angry she had been with him for the past few days. It would let her occasionally forget the situation and brought back many nice memories.

She decided to stay up for once this evening. Her film was long over, and she was halfway through her second when she heard a soft thump on the stairs. She doesn't look up but knows it's Lando. She continues to watch the TV but can't help but react when she feels his arms wrap around her from behind.

"Hey gorgeous," he whispers in her ear and presses a soft kiss on her cheek. She rubs his arm briefly and greets him back before pausing her movie. His arms leave her neck, causing her to look up and follow him as he sits down next to her.

"Come here," he says as he opens his arm, and she cuddles up to him. He presses a kiss on the top of her head while his fingers make little figures on her upper arm.

"I'm sorry," he says after a moment of silence.

"About what?" she asks him softly. Of course, she knew what it was about, but she wanted to hear it from him.

"About the last couple of days. I hardly paid any attention to you, even though I knew you wanted some you and me time," he apologizes. Amelia shrugs a little and rests her head on his shoulder.