3.

DELANO POV

That night as I was leaving I spotted Gia by her car. She looked stressed out. Closing my office door and making sure it's locked. Walking over to her "are you okay?".

She sat on her trunk "my car won't start..."

"Have you seen your car? I told you it wouldn't last you another month" I said.

"Now isn't the time for jokes. I had to call the babysitter to let her know I'm running late..." she said.

"Let's go" I motioned.

"Delano no, you need to get home to Bria. Plus, I can call a tow truck" she said.

Grabbing her arm gently I pulled her off the truck and had her follow me "can't take no for an answer huh?".

Opening the passenger side door "get in". She rolled her eyes and did what I said. Who knows what time the tow truck would've shown up.

The ride was quiet. Gia was just facing forward. Glancing at her "how's Ryan?".

She smiled "he's good. He can't wait for me to come home so we can eat".

"You guys have dinner together... cute" I said.

"Yeah he loves my cooking!" She said. My mind went back to Bria bringing lunch. But she didn't cook anything.

"I haven't seen Ryan in a long time. I bet he's getting taller" I smiled.

We pulled up to her apartment and I saw Ryan looking out the window. His eyes widened when he saw his mom. Along with a wide smile.

She turned to me "if you want to see him.. you're more than welcome to come up". My mind went back on Bria. But what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

I nodded "yeah that'll be nice". She smiled and got out. We made our way up to her apartment to see Ryan standing there with the door open. Once he saw his mom he ran to her with his arms open "mommy!". Gia hugged him tight "see I told you I would be home to eat dinner with you!".

We walked inside and the vibe was so homey. Unlike my home where it's about money.

Ryan stopped and turned to me "hi Delano".

"Hey buddy! Long time no see" I said.

He smiled "how? Im right here".

Gia shook her head "Ryan you're so silly".

She went into her kitchen and started warming up the food she had already cooked for the night. The smell was intoxicating.

Ryan and I sat on the couch while he told me about the dinosaurs he likes. Smart kid. We sat around the table and just ate.

"Gia this food is amazing!" I said.

She smiled "of course it is".

Ryan laughed "mommy is the best cook". Once Ryan was finish he disappeared into his room. That left Gia and I.

"If you don't mind... what happened to his dad?" I asked.

She got a little uncomfortable "umm well let's just say he wasn't a nice guy. Then to top it off he slept with Bria after the fact I gave birth".

"Say what?" I asked.

Gia nodded "yeah I bet she never mentioned that... I'm not sure she did that to get to me or what... but I just removed myself from both of them. Now Ryan and I are happy".

I was mind blown... all the times bria has expressed to me about Gia. She's never mentioned anything about sleeping with Ryan's dad.

"Look I don't want to stir up anything so don't go back and ask her anything. She will just deny it" Gia said.

"I won't say anything. Does Ryan ask about his dad?" I asked.

She shrugged "he used to. But as time went on he just stopped. He's six now. I don't know".

A silence filled the room.

Until my phone rang. Slowly answering it still looking at Gia. "Hello?".

"Hey Baby! Where are you? I'm here waiting for you" Bria said.

"Umm I had to stop off and drop some things off I'll be there soon" I said.

"Oh okay! Don't keep me waiting" she said.

"I won't I'll see you in a bit" I ended the call and Gia smiled "duty calls...".

"Unfortunately, umm thank you for dinner it was delicious. But I should get going" I said. We both stood up and she walked to me to her door.

"Thank you for taking me home" she said.

"No problem! I have someone take your car to the auto body shop to get checked out" I offered.

"That'll be great. Thanks again" she smiled. I nodded and walked down the stairs. Hearing the door close I sighed loudly.

*** JUST NEVER KNOW WHICH DIRECTION THIS STORY WILL GO!.