9.

GIA POV

I called out today to just have some time with Ryan. Especially with Aiden popping up. I wanted to protect Ryan from the bad guy. So we stayed home and just chilled.

In the middle of a game we were playing a knock at the door interrupted us.

"Mommy who's that?" Ryan asked.

I shrugged.

Opening the door and there's Aiden with a smirk on his face "why are you here?!".

He pushed his way in "that's no way to speak to your child's father.."

"Ryan go to your room and stay there until I tell you to come out" I said. Ryan wasted no time he ran to his room locking the door. In a way I've always prepared for this day.

Aiden turned to me "I would like to meet our son".

"You can leave!" I said.

He smiled and that's when I felt the pain hit my cheek "you better learn how to speak to me!". Blinking back tears from the intense feeling of pain. He grabbed my hair making me look at him "maybe i should remind you who I am".

Grabbing my arm he forced me in my room closing the door. Pushing me on the bed he started unbuttoning his pants "just like old times. Let's see if you been with anyone else since I last had you".

Kicking my legs so he wouldn't touch me. He was getting frustrated that's when he smacked again "stay still!".

He hovered over me "just as pretty as you were when I did this".

Closing my eyes so I could just detach myself from what's about to happen. That's when the room door flew open. Ryan came running in charging at Aiden "leave my mommy alone!".

"Ryan! No!" I yelled.

Aiden flew to the ground holding his balls "it's over for him when I get up!".

Jumping off the bed I kicked him once more causing him to somewhat pass out from the pain. Grabbing Ryan I ran as fast as I could. Dialing the cops at the same time.

Not even realizing I was hyperventilating. Ryan just stood there with no emotion. The one thing I was trying my hardest to protect him from.

//

DELANO POV

Gia called out today. It was a little odd. She never calls out. It was quiet without her here. But she'll be here tomorrow so no worries.

The day was going by so slow.

Going through some stuff and noticed Gia forgot her paycheck. How did she manage to forget this. I'll just drop it off after work. Glancing at the clock it was lunch time. I'll just go now.

Moments later I pulled up to ambulance and cop cars. I wasn't sure what I was driving into. A cop stopped me from going further. That's when I saw Gia. My eyes widened at her bruised face.

Jumping out of my car I ran over to her "what the hell happened to you?!".

The EMT pulled me to the side "sir, do you know her? I'm trying to assist her but she's a little frantic".

I nodded "yes what happened?".

"From what I know... she was assaulted and her son well he witnessed it". Covering my mouth cause I felt for them both. Gia's face was bloodied and bruised.

Walking over to Ryan "come with me". He hugged onto me right as if he was scared. Gia turned to me "Delano please watch him for me until I come out the hospital!".

"Of course! Umm... do you want me to stay with you there? Or?" I asked.

She looked confused.

That's when I saw Aiden in handcuffs. The cop was walking him to the car. The anger I felt... this asshole had the audacity.

Placing Ryan in my car "are you okay?".

"That mean man tried to hurt my mom!.. is she okay?!" He asked. Pulling him to me "she's going to be okay. She's a fighter". Ryan just laid his head on my chest.

My heart sank for them both.