Oneshot 14 🌧

(Angst + Comfort)

(A silent voice type vibe... [sort of])

(Anything that's Bolded and italicized  is signing. Also Im going to be going off of ASL because I don't know any JSL..... just bear with me mk?)

Okay so I'm going to do something different this time. Im gonna have 2 different endings that you can choose to read. There will be a fluffy ending if you want, and then a more angsty ending. The fluffy ending will be marked as well as the angtsy ending. You can also read both if you'd like 😅) 

Reki's Pov:

Apparently we were getting a new student today in class. Evidently, he was a transfer student from Canada, so many people in my class were excited to find out who this new mystery person was.

But before I was able to sit down in my seat and get myself situated before the teacher came in, the principal peeked into the classroom and asked for me to follow him. I didn't really know what I had done, since I didn't really talk to anyone in school, and I didn't have any appointment I had to go to, so to say I was anxious was an understatement.

Everyone watched me silently as I stood up and exited the room, their eyes following my every step which made me slightly uncomfortable. I could almost hear their thoughts about me, and why I was getting up, or what I had done to be called down to the office.

Again, I didn't ever really talk to anyone, so they were probably all thinking negative thoughts about me which didn't make me feel any better.

But finally, my whole body left the classroom so no eyes were able to stare me down, and I felt a huge weight being lifted from my shoulders.

We didn't even make it halfway to his office before my own thoughts blurted out of my mouth,

"Did I do something wrong sir?" I awkwardly played with my hands inside of my hoodie's pockets.

"Something wrong? Oh no no, don't worry about that. We just need your help translating for someone. I've heard that you know ASL, is that right?"

ASL? So they want me to translate for a deaf person? I didn't remember there being any deaf students at this school.

"Yeah.. I do. My dad was deaf so I learned ASL so I could communicate with him," I explained shortly, not wanting to go into more personal details.

And I think he caught onto my uncomfortableness, because he didn't ask anymore questions regarding my father for the rest of the time I was with him, which was a relief on my part.

"Ah that's great to hear, I mean, about knowing ASL," he chuckled awkwardly, "we have a new student who's deaf so it would be very helpful if you could help us translate for him. None of our staff are equipped with knowing sign language,"

"Alright,"

"Awesome! Thanks so much Kyan,"

"No problem,"

I was confused as to why this new student couldn't just let his parents translate for him, but I guess it got me out of class so I wasn't really losing anything.

But was this new student the transfer student that everyone has been gossiping about for the past day? My principal mentioned that this was a new student, so unless we were getting another new kid on the same day, it had to be the transfer one.

I wondered what he was like? Maybe since we were both able to speak sign language, we could become friends? I sure hoped so since I didn't have any friends in school... and since no one else here spoke ASL, that meant he'd have to be dependent on me to translate everything for him, so I'd be around him all the time anyways.