Chapter |3| Babygirl

My heart stilled in my chest, and my stomach recoiled with the urge to throw up becoming increasingly imminent

My heart stilled in my chest, and my stomach recoiled with the urge to throw up becoming increasingly imminent. This was everything I had wished to avoid but apparently the big guy up there was watching me with some sort of cosmic amusement.

I lifted up the sleeve of my sweater slightly and pinched myself. The sharp pain did nothing to make the man before me disappear. The very sexy, hot man walking straight up to me.

I was expecting shock, anger, yelling but instead all I received was a bright smile. A genuine fucking smile. I knew this man like the back of my hand and a smile like that was definitely new.

"Oh god it really is you." Engulfing me into a bear hug, he spun me around twice, before letting my frozen body go. I quickly recovered and stumbled back slightly, only to be steadied by his large hands. "I can't believe you're here. Two years...wow, you look great by the way. As beautiful as always."

I flushed, as I usually did in his presence. I studied him for a moment, trying to find a single flaw in his otherwise perfect sculpted face. He looked exactly the same, well expect for the...

"Is that a nose ring?" I was utterly shocked by the piece of silver jewellery sticking out of his nose. This time, he blushed and looked away from my obvious stare.

"I wanted something new, a change. Hey, it ain't as bad as that time you dyed your hair blue though? I felt like I was dating that little mermaid." I couldn't help but laugh.

"The little mermaid had red hair."

"Oh yeah, how could I forget? You made me watch it at least ten times baby girl, or did you forget?" Tristan winked, and I marvelled at how green his eyes had become, almost as rich as a shiny new emerald.

"Seems like you're the one who's forgotten."

"Maybe we should watch it again some time, make a real date?" I felt my eyes widen and my body stiffened at the suggestion. A date? Was he serious right now? "I'm joking." He laughed, and I smiled awkwardly, wishing I had never left the house. "I was about to get a coffee, wanna join me?"

There was nothing I wanted less but the man always got his way. All he had to do was flash me that mischievous grin I had fell in love with back when I was sixteen.

"Sure, but only a quick one I have to get back."

"Oh, you're staying with your parents?" Shit.

"No...well yes...kinda..." Just tell the man the truth and stop rambling on like an idiot. "Yes I am."

"That's great, they've probably missed you." I nodded, and let him open the door for me. He instructed me to take a seat whilst he ordered our drinks. I sat down by the large glass window, only to realise I never told him my drink.