Chapter |42| The Devil And His Girl (Part II)

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." My voice was cracked and broken, my lips dried over, as my parched tongue scratched against my throat. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault." Kalen sounded even worse. They didn't even know how long they've been down here.

They were taking a walk when a van pulled up on the side walk and some men threw them into the back. Kalen said he managed to kill three of them, but when the last grabbed ahold of Tessa and held a gun to her stomach he knew the only choice he had was to surrender.

"Tessa, baby how are you?" Tessa had hardly spoken. I think she was conserving her energy in hopes we would be able to break out of here. I hate the way they were degrading us.

Mikhail had us tied up like dogs in his basement, stripped to our underwear in a cold drafty room, with no food or water or light. It was dehumanising, and I felt myself slowly becoming more mad as time passed by unknown to us.

"Fine." She wasn't fine. She was suffering. Being pregnant was hard enough, never mind the conditions she was forced into.

"I promise I'll get you out Tess. I promise you'll be safe." I think she murmured a prayer. Tessa had never been religious but her family were devoutly Catholic. She always thought praying was for the desperate with no answers or fight left.

My mind was a scattered conflicted mess.

I had to say yes to him. What other choice was there? Yet, I found myself clinging onto every second that he wasn't in this room, every second in which I held onto some sense of my dignity and freedom.

There was sharp clunk as the door scraped open. It sounded like it was made from titanium, too heavy to kick down.

"I've got a surprise for you. Look who decided to join us." All I could hear were masculine grunts as three bodies were thrown on the floor at our feet.

Mikhail clicked the lights on, facing harsh brightness into the room. I felt my heart stop inside my chest at the sight of Aaron, hands and ankles bound, wriggling like a worm at my feet.

"Secure them." Instead of tying them to chairs, Mikhail chained Tristan, Knox and Aaron to the wall instead. Their hands fastened to hooks so they hung like raw meat in a butcher's freezer.

Aaron's shouts were muffled by the stained rag stuffed inside his mouth.

"What was that?" Mikhail yanked out the rag.

"I said I'm going to skin you alive for what you've done to them you pathetic piece of crap." I loved Aaron. I love his protective sharpness, but I hated that he never knew when it was a good time to shut his mouth.

His comment earned three heavy punched to the stomach. Mikhail had already cut off they're shirts so the punched were more brutal and violent, aimed for his already bruised ribs.