Chapter |45| I've Waited Years For This

~ ten months later

~ ten months later

The white strings are pulled tight, cinching my waist as they twist into an intricate bow. I watch the silk sink to the floor, swishing silently at my feet, admiring the way the soft material hugs my frame.

"Beautiful mama." My three year old fluently said, adorned in her baby pink flower girl dress.

"It's really stunning." Caitlin almost mirrored Anastasia, except her hair appeared slightly bronze in the bright summer rays.

"Thank you girls. Caitlin, will you put this in for me?" She eagerly snatched the last emerald pin, and slid it into place. A tiny diamond butterfly sticking out of the simple up-do I had curled my hair into.

Minimalistic was goal. My mother was disheartened at first. She wanted a large blended weddings, one with no fighting or guns or violence and a plethora of flowers with those tiny little name place cards during the reception.

I just wanted to marry Aaron in the presence of love. I didn't see the need for all the stress and timings.

A courthouse wedding seemed the most suitable choice, but my mom gave me that puppy dog look and I negotiated a little.

A Parisian wedding taking place on the same bridge that Aaron and I fastened a lock into once, eternalising our love. I don't know how my dad managed to get the permits for this thing, but I do know it's still everything I ever wanted.

My mom suddenly hurried into the room, slightly out of breath which made me feel a twinge of guilt. "Kiara, I checked on him and he's fine."

"Are you sure? I just don't want to humiliate  myself by walking outside and he's run off!"

"Seriously Princess? After everything that's happened you think I'll do a runner." Aaron's booming voice echoed through the spacious walls. Unconsciously I began to drift towards him, a magnet drawn to my other half, bewitched by his masculine voice.

"No way. I get this one tradition. You're not seeing each other."

"But mom..." She sliced through my words with that motherly stare that haunts you. I shut up immediately, sinking into the couch next to Caitlin, who was laughing shamelessly.

"Kiara, I'm fine. I'm better than I have ever been because I'm marrying the love of my life. The same woman I've been trying to marry for the better part of a year. I wouldn't run out on this for anything."

My anxieties suddenly dissipated soothed by his calming words. A smile broke out on my face. "I love you and I know you wouldn't really do that."

He laughs. "I love you too. See you at alter Princess."

As his footsteps began to retreat, Anastasia launched herself off from the floor running after him. "Daddy wait!"

"Stasia?" Her ceremonious giggles grew louder as she presumed it reached Aaron. "Traitor!"