Chapter |41| The Devil And His Girl (Part I)

"Fuck, this is really is spy shit

"Fuck, this is really is spy shit." I shoved one of the metal harnesses into Tristan's chest.

"There's no time for fucking around. Every minute we waste is another that bastard's probably torturing Kiara."

"Sorry, I just don't know how the hell to climb into a sewer free hand." Mia rolled her eyes, and grabbed the harness from him. Kindly, fastening it onto Tristan before I punched his lights out.

Everything was driving me to the edge. I felt like I was turning crazy. Without Kiara, there almost something missing from me. Something as important as a limb, something I needed in order to survive.

She was my oxygen. It was fucking cheesy as shit but every minute without her I felt like I was suffocating slowly. After this was over, there would be no more separations, no more delays. I was marrying the hell out of her.

"We lower you guys down there and then you tell us when to stop using the intercoms. You take the harnesses off, leave them there in case you need them again and find Kiara. If there is no other way out then you come back to the harnesses and we pull you out."

"We need an extra for Kiara." I reminded Kai. He nodded, diligently pulling out another from the bag.

The fact he was so fucking calm, focused, dare I say responsible...meant that this was dangerous beyond everything we'd ever done before.

Mikhail was unhinged. There were no limits to how far he would go. Kiara's life was on the line, so everything we did had to be calculated and safe enough we weren't risking her life further. Also, we didn't have a fucking clue what we were going into.

Mia had managed to track down the exact place Kiara disappeared. We scoured all the drains in the area, and then focused on the ones leading to the main sewer. Any that we knew lead to a few pipes or directly to a septic tank were counted out. Clearly his establishment was bigger and needed space.

We were literally blind. There was no way to tell the drain we had chosen was the right one. For all we knew it lead to shit and nothing more. Chance was everything, and I had to fucking praying for once it was one my side

"What if shit goes wrong? How do we get out?" I knew what Tristan was scared of. He had his happy ending, he had Mia, and like me he wasn't willing to let it go.

"We contact Kai, and get back to the harnesses and he pulls us up. Also, we have a time limit. One hour. If he hears back nothing, then he comes in too with all his men. Storms the place is there's anything to be found." I clasped my hand on his shoulder when I saw the hesitation still remaining in his eyes. "Hey, you can still back out. It doesn't have to be you."

He straightens up like any true solider, looking into my eyes like a man ready to fulfil his mission. "I came here years ago with a job. To protect Kiara, to care of her. That hasn't stopped, it won't ever stop. She's my friend, she's Mia's and she's your salvation. You need her. I'll get her back with you, brother."