Chapter |43| Burning Vengeance

"Ivan

"Ivan." Kiara breathed out. I had to help her walk towards them, her knees trembling with every step.

The man we were approaching was hulking in statue, he was visibly shaking, hold up in the corner of the room with his fists still bloody and blonde hair falling over his eyes.

"He killed her Kiara. He fucking killed her." I felt Kiara stiffen, forcing down her desire to scream and cry.

"Quinn?" I had heard that name before. She was one Kiara's few friends, and one I personally couldn't wait to meet for everything she had done for my princess.

"Yes. She was sleeping. He sent two men to my apartment and they shot her dead after I delivered your message. He said any contact with you was considered a form of betrayal, the only way to learn was through knowing what losing felt like."

"I'm so..."

"It wasn't your fault. I did what she wanted me to do, and at least now her death won't be in vain. That bastard has to pay Kiara."

"He will." I answered curtly, outstretching my hand as an offer of friendship. Ivan stared at the gesture like a foreign complex, before tentatively reaching out to shake it.

"Ivan Vasco."

"Aaron Black. Know that you have place as one of my men, if you ever want it."

"It's appreciated. I want to be there when he dies. I know you'll be the one to end it...Kiara?"

We hadn't discussed it. The person who would actually pull the trigger, or strike the final slash. Kiara stared numbly at the floor, clenching her jaw like she was imagining all the ways it could end.

"Not me. This started because I spilt blood, I can't end it in the same way. The longer we keep him alive, the more of risk we face. I say we make it short but painful enough that he feels every agonising moment he's ever inflicted."

Finally she fixes her eyes on me. There's a strange clear moment of clarity that fizzles between us. She wants death to brought, and I was a master in the craft.

"I'll do what needs to be done princess."

"Good. Then we can go home." She flinched at the sound of her mother wailing. I draw Kiara in closer, letting her momentarily block out the world by burying her face into my chest.

"I'll be waiting in the room." Ivan leaves to join Knox, Mia and Tristan who are all diligently making sure Mikhail is tied up like a dog unable to escape.