8 ~ Nightmares

Isabella's POV ~

⚠️⚠️⚠️ Chapter includes abuse, mentions of sexual assault and rape, and panic attacks ⚠️⚠️⚠️

"You're such a slut!" He screamed as he dragged me through the house by my hair.

My body was aching enough as it is from yesterdays beating but I had a feeling it was about to get worse. My legs felt weak and my arms felt like jelly, and there was nothing I could do. I just had to endure the pain and hope that Noah could help.

"You worthless brat! Where were you huh? Whoring around with some guys?" Alessia yelled at me as she kicked my already bruised ribs. I don't even consider her my mom anymore. She lost the title years ago.

When I didn't respond she began kicking harder before she grabbed me once again and made her way down to the basement. She only ever took me down here for two reasons :

To give me a serious beating so that the neighbors can't hear.

Or,

She had her 'friends' over.

I took a guess that it was the first options as her friends are most likely out selling drugs as always.

She threw me only the ground and laughed when she heard the crack of my nose once it hit the cold tiled floor. Shit that's definitely broken.

Alessia then went back to my ribs and stomach, kicking and punching to the point where I was certain there wasn't anywhere she hadn't touched.

"AHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed as the pain became unbarable.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed once again praying one of my neighbors could hear.

My voice began disappearing the more I screamed and my sobs were the only thing that could be heard in basement other than Alessia's kicks and punches.

Suddenly, I was picked up from the cold floor and slammed up against a wall with Alessia's hands wrapped tightly around my throat. I began to claw at her hands in an attempt to pry them off of me but I was unsuccessful.

I tried to scream but nothing came out.

"Bella, Bella. Bambina you're alright I need you wake up. You're safe." I faint voice whispered.

"You bitch! It's your fault your father divorced me! It's all your fault!" Alessia yelled over and over again.

"Principessa I need you to wake up for us." Another soft voice whispered.

"You're the reason Alex is gone! Maybe I should do you a favor and let you be with him!" She shouted once last time before I sat up gasping for air.

I looked around at my surroundings to find I wasn't with my mother. That was when the water works began. I burst into tears as I felt arms wrap around me comfortingly as I sobbed into the persons shoulder.

I began to feel my chest tighten and my heart rate increase. My throat began to feel like it was closing up and I couldn't breathe.

I heard muffled voices coming from around me as I felt someone kneel in front of me.

Vincenzo's POV ~

We heard an ear piercing scream coming from Bella's room, so we all rushed to the noise with our guns drawn and ready.

When we entered her room, we were surprised to see our sorellina thrashing around on her bed still asleep screaming bloody murder. It broke my heart seeing her in that state.

I remember a couple of years back I would get nightmares and panic attacks about Bella and where she might be. I always used to get them whenever someone brought her up or said that there is a chance she might be dead.

After a few years of therapy, I stopped getting them and soon was getting peaceful sleeps again.

I could tell straight away that this wasn't just a nightmare.

This was something else.

I rushed over to her side once she started clawing at her throat seeming trying to get something off. I tried to pry her hands away but couldn't. Damn this girl is strong.

I began to whisper things in her ear trying to calm her down and it worked slightly, enough for me to removed her hands from her throat. She them let out another scream before bolting up right.

Luca went over to the right side and cradled her in his arms as she sobbed into his shoulder. I've never seen Luca this soft. Our older brothers are always so cold and distant, but Bells seems to breaking their hard exterior.

Suddenly her breathing starts to get heavy and she begins to struggle with her breathing.

"Shit she having a panic attack." I curse as I go to kneel in front of her.

Placing her hand to my chest I begin to tell her to listen to my heart beat and try counting down from 10 a few times. Once she reaches 10 she begins to calming down and starts again.

After a few minutes she eventually calms down and hides in my chest as I wrap my arms around her small frame.

The room was deadly silent. You could hear a pin drop. Until till good old Lorenzo decided to speak up.

"What the fuck was that!" He practically screamed. Jeez dude could you be any louder?

"Hey man shut up and let her talk first." Gio said, earning a glare from Enzo.

"No she needs to tell us what that was." Ricco speaks up, a bit of anger evident in his voice. Weren't these the same people calling her a pathetic little orphan girl or did everyone just fprget about that?

"Let. Her. Speak." Darien demanded trying to sound less harsh to not scare Bella but nonetheless she flinched at his voice.

Everyone's eyes softened as they saw this but none one decided to comment on it.

"Bambina, can you tell us what that was about please." I asked softly to not startle her.

She looked at me as if she was debating her next move, but I could tell she wanted to open up to us, I just hoped she would.

"Erm. It was just a silly nightmare nothing serious." She said just above a whisper.

The rest of the boys shared knowing looks with each other before I spoke up again, "Bells, you and I both know that wasn't just a regular nightmare. Was it a memory?" I asked hesitantly.

She seemed to be thinking what to say before she meekly nodded. She buried her head further into my chest as I comfortingly rubbed her back.

"Principessa. I know you don't want to but can you tell us what happened?" Luca asked looking at Bella with sad eyes.

She looked at all us before nodding again.

Who hurt our principessa will pay.