29 ~ Goodbye

Luca's POV ~

I stood next to my family, as we all watched the casket of our baby sister being lowered into a gaping black hole.

No one deserves that, confined to a box, buried with the insects that crawl beneath the surface. She deserved better than that. She deserved the world. She deserved to find love and have kids. She deserved to graduate high school and she didn't even get that.

My heart sank lower as I watched the first piece of dirt get thrown over the empty casket, until nothing but a pile of dirt was left in front of us. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I willed myself not to cry. I know that Bella wouldn't want us to cry, but I couldn't help the tears that slowly began flowing down my cheeks. The pain in my chest was unbearable.

I sunk to my knees as the realization finally hit. My baby was gone. I'd never get to see her bright smile ever again, or hug her as she slept peacefully in my arms. I'd never truly feel whole again. She was gone, and there was nothing I or anybody could do. 

The hole in my heart that she filled slowly began to break away again.

She went through so much shit and deserved the world, but instead it was ripped away from her. She didn't deserve the pain she went through all those years. No one does. Yet she pushed through it.  

I watched, silently sobbing, as one by one everyone slowly placed a flower on fresh grave. I wanted to move but I couldn't. My body felt numb and all I could do was sit and watch. I never knew what real pain was before.

Two arms wrapped around me as I felt my chest tighten, restricting the air from flowing in and out of my lungs. In a blink of an eye I had lost the one thing that I loved more than anything. 

My principessa.

A/N ~ And that is the end. A short chapter to end the book. Honestly I cannot express how grateful I am for all the support this book has received. Thank you so much for 100K!! I really hope you have enjoyed this book and please check out my other book! Love you all and stay safe <3