28 ~ Rescue

Isabella's POV ~

As the gunshot rang, a ringing sound pierced my ears.

I looked up at Alex to see his face holding the same expression as mine.

Fear.

They're here. They found us.

"Stay here Bells. Don't go anywhere, okay?", Alex said as he released me from the hug and carefully lifted himself off of the floor.

"What no!", I stare at him wide eyed, "No way in hell am I leaving you!"

"Bella please I can't risk something happening to you.", Alex pleads as he edges nearer to the cell door.

"Nothing will happen. I promise. Please I can't let you go alone.", I beg.

Alex lets out a sigh before hesitantly nodding his head, "If anything happens to you, I swear to god I will kill you.", He says narrowing his eyes at me.

I follow him out of the cell door and we walk down the dark basement corridor as gunshots ring out from above.

As we exit up the stairs and step out into the open warehouse, I gasp at the sight before us.

It looked like hell had broken loose. Bodies were scattered around the place, some moving, some dead still. The noise was now amplified as more shots were fired from across the room. Men were charging from all directions, aiming towards a large group situated on one end of the warehouse.

My family.

And some other random men.

But lets ignore that.

As I look around the bloodied room, my eyes fall on a certain someone creeping around the edge of the large room, heading towards someone.

Alexei. Aiming his gun at Luca.

Right at his head.

I felt my blood begin to boil as the idea of Alexei, or anyone for that matter, popped into my head.

Without a second thought I released my hand from Alex's grip and grabbed the gun from one of the dead guards laying still on the floor in front of us.

I look up at the scene in front of me and aim the gun at Alexei.

Taking in a deep breath, I stumble back slightly as my finger pulls the trigger and the bullet is released from the gun.

The sound of the gunshot echos throughout the chaos and I watch gleefully as Alexei's body drops to the floor.

Just as his body hits the concrete floor, all action surrounding us comes to a stop and all heads turn to the now lifeless body of Alexei Romanof.

"BELLA!", I hear someone shout, as heavy footsteps begin to come towards me.

I feel myself being picked up and engulfed in a hug as whoever it was nuzzles their head into my neck, letting out a shaky breath as well as a sniffle.

"You're okay. Oh thank god your okay.", The person says and I look down to see Enzo crying as he holds me closer.

I was ripped out of Enzo's hold as three more sets of arms wrap around my small body.

"Don't ever scare us like that again!", Nicolo, Sal and Carlo exclaim as they all squeeze my little body.

"I k-kind of need to breathe.", I say as I struggle against their tights grips.

"O-oh we're s-sorry.", Carlo apologizes as they let me go.

Just as Darien is about to speak, the sound of running is heard from behind us.

Turning around, we come face to face with a panting Nikolai.

"W-we need t-to go. Alexei triggered a bomb t-to explode for i-if he died. W-we need to leave n-now.", He says in between breaths.

I felt the blood drain from my face as I turn back to my family.

"Run."

That's all I need to take off running.

I feel someone grab onto my hand, pulling me along faster as my heart beats faster and faster. Everything around us becomes a blur as I solely focus on getting everyone out.

Third person POV ~

As everyone is running, Bella's eyes are searching for something. Or rather, someone.

That's when it hits her.

She pulls herself out of Angelo's grip and begins bolting back into the building.

Ignoring the shouts of her family from behind her, she continues running blocking out all of the noises surrounding her.

That's when it happened.

There was nothing they could do.

The family stared at the burning building now standing in front of them.

Their principessa dead inside.