9 ~ The truth

Vince and Isabella sleeping ⬆️

Isabella's POV ~

Mentions of abuse, sexual assault and rape

I'm going to tell them. 

I'm going to tell them what my 'mother' did to me.

Looking up at my brothers, I let out a shaky breathe before starting, "When my mom and I moved, we first went to Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania for around a year, I don't remember much from before we left but I'm assuming that before that we lived with you guys. We moved quite often, and mom said something about staying away from 'him'. Turns out he was father that she didn't want me around, but I'm guessing when dad died we started running from you guys. It was great the first few years maybe up until I was about 5 or 6 so only around 3 or 4 years. Alessia was a great mom, always cooking with me, teaching me how to ride a bike, taking me to the park, all of that stuff. That was until she met her first boyfriend Mark. He turned her into an alcoholic and introduced her to drugs and other illegal things. She just neglected me at first but then when I turned 7 that neglect turned into abuse. She would hit me, kick me and punch me for the smallest of things like waking up late, not cooking dinner or even just eating when not told to. Soon the kicks turned to starving and she would lock me in the basement for days on end and only let me out when Noah and Alex got suspicious." I told them, and by the end I had tears pouring down my face.

I looked up from my lap only to be met with 12 teary eyed boys. 

"Bambina, can we see you ribs please?" Gio asked softly trying to hold back his tears. I shook my head violently.

"Bambina we just need to check that you're alright." Gio said again this time slightly more seriously.

"N-no plea-please." I choke out shaking my head again. I begin to get out of Vince's hold and shuffle to the back of the bed until my back hit the head board.

"Bells. We need to check you for any wounds." Luca said his eyes still filled with tears.

"No-no please I-I'm beg-begging you ple-please." I plead with them.

Luca looks over at the boys and nods at them. Matteo, Alfonso, Emi and Enzo all come over to my sides. Despite my attempts to get them away from me, they still managed to hold my arms and legs down, as Angelo and Gio made their way over.

"Don't worry, me and Gio are doctors okay. We just need to have a look." Angelo says looking at me with a sad look.

I continued to protest and try to get out of their grips but they were too strong. Gio looked at Angelo as they both began to lift my shirt up stopping just bellow my chest. I heard a couple of gasps around the room and closed my eyes, too scared to see everyone's reactions.

"Okay Bambina we just need to apply a bit of pressure to see if they're broken and then we need to check the rest of your body." Angelo says quietly, trying to hold in a sob.

I winced as I felt them apply some pressure. Vince began stroking my hair, whispering comforting words in my ear.

"You don't have any broken ribs but they are severely bruised. Can you turn over principessa?" Gio asked giving me a small smile. 

Again I tried to escape the boys' grip around my arms and legs but failed, so I just sat their accepting that fact that their was no going back.

They flip my over so I am on my stomach and Gio and Angelo lift the back of my shirt up. 

The words, slut and whore, carved on my lower back and bruises all over.

I hear footsteps walking out of the room and down the stairs and I look up to see that Ricco and Luca had left the room. 

Did I disgust them that much?

"No! Of course not! They're just upset that they couldn't do anything." Alfonso reassures me as he loosened his grip on my arms. "Don't ever think that you're disgusting. You're beautiful just the way you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!" He states again.

Vince pulled me into another hug once all the boys had let me arms and legs go.

I can see Darien deciding whether to ask something or not. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

"Bells. I want you to be honest with me alright." Darien says in soft yet serious voice. I nod hesitantly. "Did Mark ever you know erm, tou-touch you?" He stutters out. 

I lower my head giving a small nod in response. 

"Did he ever ra-" Matteo started but I cut him off. 

"Yes. Yes he did." I state emotionless.

I didn't want to talk about about it but I knew it would eventually come up. I hated talking about it but maybe opening up will help.

"Mark did when I was 8 up until he was arrested for selling drugs when I was 10. He did it almost everyday as a part of my punishments and most of the times Alessia would just sit and watch as I cried and sob hysterically. When he was arrested, she started to go into debt so as a result she began to sell me to different men and either let them come to our house or she'd send me to them. They would tou-touch me and rape me and hit me. Just anything they wanted." I stopped to take a deep breathe before starting again, "Once she was able to repay her debt she stopped selling me but still let her friends toy around with me whenever they wanted. This went on for around 5 or 6 years until I moved here." I told the everything that happened.

It felt as though a weight had been lifted off of my chest and I could finally breathe again. 

When I looked up I was met with my 10 brothers looking at me either crying or tearing up. Adriano was full on sobbing in the corner cursing at himself for not being able to protect me and Vince just held me closer if that was even possible.

I felt safe and at peace for once. These people made me feel safe and I was glad I opened up to them. 

I was left with one thought as I drifted off to dream land. 

'My life feels like a damn wattpad book.'

A/N ~ Two chapters today! Hope you liked them. This chapter was a bit sad and actually pulled at my heart a little writing this. Please do leave your thoughts in the comments. Also you'll learn who Alex is later on in the book. <3