27 ~ Reunited

Isabella's POV ~

I don't even know how long I've been here for. Maybe 2 days? Something like that.

The small rusty window above my only source of light and currently the only way I can tell how long it's been. 

The cell I'm in is relatively big itself. In one corner is a concrete slab connected to the wall as a bed and in another corner is an old rusty toilet which surprisingly flushes. On one of the walls are two bloodstained chains which the guys who took me locked me up in yesterday as they beat me for my 'bad mouth'. I mean I just told them to fuck off. 

Curling up in a ball on the 'bed', I try to use my arms to shield my self from the cold concrete but nothing is helping.

Suddenly, I hear the rustling of keys and the cell door opens.

Standing in the door way was none other than Alexei and Nikolai Romanof. The Don of the Russian Mafia and his son.

As Alexei so kindly put it, I am only here to use as leverage against my family so that the Russians can take over the Italian mafia. 

I think he's forgetting that I have 12 brothers, 13 cousins, 4 uncles, 4 aunts and a the largest mafia in the world behind me. Did he just forget about that or..?

Standing behind Nikolai was a tall boy, maybe 17 or 18. Jeez he looks beaten up.

Nikolai pushes the boy towards me into the light and I felt my heart stop.

Third person POV ~

Tears welled up as Isabella looked at the boy in front of her. She felt as if a piece of her was finally back: she felt complete again.

Nothing else mattered to her right now.

She had her best friend back.

She had her big brother back.

She had her night in shining armor back.

She had her Alex back.

Alex felt as though all of the torture he was put through the last 2 years were finally worth it. He was with his farfella again. (Butterfly)

It felt as though everything was happening in slow motion.

Isabella ran up to Alex, engulfing him in a hug, ignoring the burning sensation spreading throughout her body.

Alexei and Nikolai silently left the room, giving the two some alone time.

Nikolai hated the fact that Isabella was locked up in a cell, being beaten every. He wanted to do something to help her, and that was exactly what he was going to do.

Isabella and Alex sat in a comfortable silence, just embracing each other in a hug. 

"A-Alex?", Bella said in a timid voice.

"Yes Bells?"

"Are you really here?"

"Yes farfella. I'm really here.", Alex chuckled as he tightened his grip around the small girl.

"H-How are y-you alive? I saw y-you die.", Bella asked as she nuzzled into his chest.

Alex let out a sigh before explaining.

Alex's POV ~

"I was nearly dead. My pulse was very weak and my breathing was shallow enough to make me seem dead. Once I 'died' and you were taken away from my body, Alessia called some of her friends to clean up my 'dead body'. When they realized I was alive, they thought that they could use me against you in the future since they know who you brother are.", I explain as I look down at my farfella. God it felt so good to have her safe in my arms.

I have never felt anything romantic between Bella and I, she's like a little sister to me just like she sees me as her big brother.

"Y-you knew I had brothers?", I heard Bella mutter as she squished her face deeper into my chest.

"No. Only once the people here told me why they took me.", I explained.

"Oh."

And that when we heard it ringing throughout the building.

The gunshot.