16 ~ Talking

Isabella's POV ~

"So, tell me Isabella, how are you feeling?"

"I don't know to be honest." I reply.

I'm currently talking to my therapist Ms Graham, but she prefer for me to call her Lindsay.

She seems really nice and she's actually kind of relaxing my nerves which is a surprise.

"Okay then, I think we'll get to some questions now. If you ever feel uncomfortable, please tell me and we can take a break." Lindsay says, sending me a small smile. I nod in responce.

"How often do you get nightmares?"

Oh wow straight into it.

"Urm, nearly everyday."

"This may be hard to answer, but why do you think you tried to take your own life? You can take your time or if this question is too much we can come back to it another time. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable in any way.", Lindsay smiled at me.

I though about this one for a second. Was I overwhelmed and it just happened? Could I just not take it anymore? Was I scared?

"I was overwhelmed I guess. I felt, well feel, like a burden to my brothers. I know they hate each other but they try for me, but I just feel like I'm making their lives harder. It would just be better if I wasn't around. I wanted the pain of feeling like a burden to go away.", I respond, fiddling with my fingers.

"You have to understand Bella, you aren't a burden to anyone, especially not your brothers. Your brothers all love you so much and would do anything for you. They may have hated each other before you came, but you returning has solved that. No one would be better off without you.", Lindsay says.

Her words helped. A lot.

"That was a really good start Bella. Okay moving on.", She continues, "Have you ever had panic attacks before?"

I hesitated before responding.

"Yes. When I get scared and overwhelmed I start to panic and that leads to panic attacks."

"How often do you get them?"

"Not as often as I used to but about once or twice a week."

"Okay so how many did you get before?"

"One or two practically everyday."

"I'm going to asking this again. How are you feeling now?"

"Definitely better than when I first came here. I feel a lot better.", I smile at her, a genuine smile.

"And why's that."

"I guess the talking kind of has helped a bit." I say, giving her another smaller smile, which Lindsay returns.

"Today was easy, in the next few sessions we will look more into your past. For the meantime, I'm going to talk to your eldest brothers about getting some anxiety medicine to help with your panic attacks." Lindsay says, and I look to the side to see that its already 5:30pm, so the session is over.

I stand up from the couch and head out of the door and down to reception after saying my goodbyes to Lindsay.

I sit down in the waiting room whilst Lindsay goes to talk to Luca and Darien who came with me.

Whilst I wait, I scroll through insta to pass the time.

Darien's POV ~

Once Bells is done with here session, Lindsay comes over to us and asks if we could talk. Lindsay has always been a good family friend and helps in the mafia and so she was more than welcome to be Bella's therapist.

"So the session went well and Bella actually did speak and answered my questions, unlike what you said.", Lindsay explains.

I knew Bella would open up to Lindsay, she has a way of relaxing people, but Luca wasn't so sure. He was certain that Bella wouldn't speak for the first few sessions.

"You owe me $50", I whisper to Luca, nudging him in the side.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Shut up.", He roles his eyes. I jus chuckle to turn my attention back to Lindsay.

"What did she say?" Luca asked.

"You know the rules Luca. I'm not allowed to disclose anything my patient says to me, regardless of whether you're my boss or not." Lindsay replies sternly.

"But she's my sister." Luca responds.

"Yes, but I still cannot break patient confidentiality, unless I feel that the patient is at risk. So theres no point in asking.", She responds with a stern look.

"Okay fine, so what do yo want to talk about?" I ask, trying to break the tension.

"Well like I said she answered my questions honestly and told me how she was feeling, I informed her that it will get harder the next few sessions and all the basics. I wanted to talk about some medication that I think will benefit her." Lindsay explains as both Luca and I listen intently.

"What's the medication for?" I ask.

"Bella said she gets nightmares and so prazosin will be best to help with those as they are used for treatment of PTSD associated nightmares. She also told me that she gets panic attacks and so I am going to prescribe Bella a type of benzodiazepines called alprazolam which will help calm her down when she feels anxious or feels an attack coming on."

"How can we help her with the panic attacks." Luca asked.

"There are lots of ways to help but I recommend you and your brothers coming in some time this week to see me so I can explain a few ways to help." Lindsay responds, "The medication will be available to collect tomorrow, so if you want to send someone to get them that would be great."

"Thank you, Lindsay. You have no idea how much this means to us." Luca thanks her.

"Of course." Lindsay smiles, before taking us back into the waiting room.

When we get there we see Bella asleep on one of the couches. God this kid is always sleeping.

Luca goes to pick her up from the couch and we make our way to the car.

I'm glad that Bella opened up to Lindsay. She deserves to be happy and hopefully talking to someone will help her.

I'm happy we got you back principessa and I promise we will keep you safe.

But some promises are made to be broken.