One

I ran as fast as I could to my parent's bedroom, the both of them being treated in their beds by the best medical leaders that the Lotus Pack has to offer. I could feel my heart almost beating out of my chest as I pushed the bedroom door with brute force-- almost falling into the room if it wasn't for my quick control over my weak legs.

I could barely breathe as I looked down at my parents, grey and weak, as they laid in their beds.

For a second, my eyes fell to their weakly intertwined hands and a tight squeeze held onto my heart for the entire silence.

Despite how fast and urgent I had run into the room, the room was almost too quiet with only whispers being said and no one was moving as urgent as I was.

"What is going on?" I blurted out, looking around the room and watching as the medics were slowly walking around the room and calmly surrounding my parents as they laid unconscious on the bed. 

It ached me to know that they weren't awake. 

I so badly wanted them to tell me everything was going to be okay-- but I wasn't a little girl anymore, I didn't get the luxury of having my parents sugarcoat everything I do anymore.

My eyes narrowed at the pack members around me, most of them refusing to look me in the eye. "Let me rephrase--" I raised my voice, and immediately their heads snapped down with wide eyes however, their eyes did not meet mine-- after all, I was of the Alpha bloodline and currently the acting Luna as my mother and father fell ill. 

"--Why isn't anyone doing anything?" I barked out, almost sneering at the pack members in front of me.

For that split second, I noticed one of the medics closest to me flinch at my tone, Milah. 

Milah was one of the nicest medics I knew, and she happened to be one of the youngest and closer to my age, with her only two years younger than me. Throughout her time in the pack, it has fallen onto me to protect her as she had no family of her own left.

She happened to be one of my closest friends.

My eyes softened looking at Milah as she focused her gaze on the floor, unable to look me in the eyes. "Milah, I'm--" I gulped, my throat dry as I spoke. 

I would never be so mousy and quiet but the more my parents get ill, the more I get scared. "I'm sorry, everyone-- Please, tell me what's going on with my parents," I pleaded. 

"Luna Amelia," It still sounded so odd when they called me that, Luna

I knew the day would come where I was the official Luna of this pack, with me being an only child, but surely that was for another time? 

I looked up at the medic that was first to speak up-- It was Fiona, the best medic the pack could ever have, and she stood strong as she spoke, looking down at my parents for a second before looking back up at me.