Six

I almost sighed in relief as the show and tell of the packhouse was over, planting myself on top of the bed that stood out in the middle of the room

I almost sighed in relief as the show and tell of the packhouse was over, planting myself on top of the bed that stood out in the middle of the room. Good, the duvet felt so comfortable.

Milah had disappeared from me, as soon as we had arrived, Eli and Tyla took her away to show her around the packhouse while I was stuck with Sebastian-- though, I wouldn't choose the word stuck to describe the situation Sebastian and I were in.

I didn't know the man too well, if anything I didn't know him at all. All I could feel between us was the mate bond, and while that felt incredible; was it real enough?

I definitely found the man attractive, his chiseled features, his olive skin, and green eyes that seemed to stand out on his face so mesmerizingly I could barely stop myself from staring.

"So," I heard, my head snapping up to see Sebastian waltzing into the room further, his eyes surveying the room as he spoke. "What do you think of the packhouse?"

I hummed, nodding my head lightly as I leaned my hand on the sheets behind me and look around the bedroom we were in.

"It's... big," I didn't know what to say-- what was I supposed to say?

"Just big?" He asked, stepping closer to me. "You don't like it?"

"Should I?" His brows furrowed at my words. There was nothing wrong with the packhouse, but I had my own, I didn't need the show and tell-- if anything, it made me feel worse.

It only made my decision even more difficult than it already was.

"Well," He trailed off for a moment, and he chose that second to sit on the bed beside me, the bed slightly tilting over as his larger form sat down. "This could be your home soon," My head snapped in his direction, my eyes widening as big as saucers.

"What?" I was gobsmacked at his words. Instantly, I stood from the bed and stood in front of him-- his eyes following my every move.

What didn't he understand? I could feel myself bubbling up with irritation and anger in an instant, my eyes narrowing down at Sebastian. Why couldn't he see my pack was important to me, I wasn't just going to leave them high and dry.

"Amelia--"

"I've been here five whole minutes, and you've already decided I'm going to be moving into the pack with you?"

"Amelia, we are mates--" He spoke as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, his forehead wrinkling as his brows furrowed at me in confusion. "I thought it was just something we were easing in it,"

He thought wrong.

How could a man be so gorgeous, yet so thick in the head that they couldn't comprehend the word 'no'?