Twelve

It felt bittersweet as Milah and I stood outside of the Crimson-Moon's packhouse. I could tell that Milah wasn't ready to leave just yet-- in the span of only a few days she managed to meet a mountain of new friends

Just like Milah, I wasn't ready to leave just yet. All I could think about was how bad it was going to hurt leaving Sebastian when I was only getting to him. 

I only just got him and now I was leaving him. I could feel the wolf stir with irritation, pestering with the questions of why we were leaving him in the first place and I was starting to ask the same question myself.

I loved my pack to death, and part of me wanted to curse the Moon Goddess for putting me in this position-- for putting me between a rock and a hard place, the decision alone was beginning to crush me. 

"So, I guess this is goodbye," I turned my head to look at Milah, who looked back at the house with sad eyes and a small frown, bags in her hand before she let out a sigh and made her way to the car to unload. 

Tyla scoffed, "More like a see you later," She sent a wink Milah's way. "You aren't getting rid of us that easily," For a moment, I could hear some bitterness coming off of Tyla's tone as her eyes darted towards me. 

Tyla and I hadn't exactly gotten through the bump in the road that we reached the other day, we simply ignored it. But just by her tone, I could tell that she wasn't completely over it-- and neither was I.

I remember how the argument made me feel, it made me feel angry-- it made me feel disrespected. But I knew where she was coming from, and I knew that as Luna-- it was my job to understand the feelings of my pack members, despite the fact Tyla wasn't technically a pack member of mine.

I unconsciously leaned into Sebastian's arms, his grip on me getting tighter as he squeezed me to his body. His body heat worked quick to calm my mind, and the purrs from my wolf couldn't get any louder if they wanted to-- thank god they were internal. 

I didn't want to leave the pack without ironing out my issues with Tyla. Whether I liked it or not, we were destined family.

"Tyla," I spoke up, pulling myself from Sebastian's hold only for him to be slightly hesitant to let go. I looked up at him for a second and raised a brow at him as a notion to let me go which he did grudgingly, a frown deeply seeded into his face. 

I turned back to Tyla, who had her eyes planted on me which were squinted with curiosity. I gestured to the side with a simple head tilt and that was enough for her to understand, sending me a nod and stepping to a more secluded side so we could speak.  

"What's up, Luna," I could just sense that she wasn't going to let this go too easily. Even though her tone was troubling me, I felt as if it was my duty to hear her out one more time. If not for myself, but for Sebastian-- if I couldn't be here in person for the man, the least I do was be on friendly terms with his sister.