Four

Sebastian's eyes furrowed at me, his eyes slightly widened a bit. "What do you mean, you can't?" For a moment, he sounded deadly and he seemed taken back by my words.

As much as I wanted to stay with him-- I couldn't. I had a pack to look after that, and as my mate, he needed to understand that. 

I shook my head at him, sighing as I pushed through the crowd of Weres surrounding us-- without realising, I noticed that everyone was now standing and enjoying the ball, the announcements were officially over and Sebastian and I were standing around, sticking out like a sour thumb. 

I moved to the side of the room, pulling Sebastian by his arm, and glanced to the side for a second to see everyone enjoying themselves and dancing with their significant others-- as much as I wanted to pull Sebastian to the dance floor and have my first dance with him, it didn't look like we were going to have to time for it. 

"I can't go back to your pack," I stated to him, turning back to him with a stern look on my face. "I have my own pack to take care of," 

It was true, I had my pack to think about. Family was important to me, and they were my family.

Sebastian's face twisted for a moment, and I couldn't figure out what we were thinking about.

"But I'm your mate?" 

"So?" My attitude almost popping out. "That doesn't change the pack that I can't leave my pack without a leader," I narrowed my eyes at the Alpha in front of me, I could tell he wasn't going to be taking this easy.

I didn't want to be so stern with him, but I didn't know what to do at this point. Never in my mind did I think my mate would be an Alpha of a pack-- I didn't think the Moon Goddess would have been so cruel as to ask me to decide. 

Mate or Pack? 

I couldn't make that decision-- not right now. 

I hadn't realise how hot and weary this conversation was making me feel, watching Sebastian threaten to blow his top with angry smoke and there was nothing I could do. I couldn't leave my pack. 

The man in front of me scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest and looking down at me with narrowed eyes for a second before speaking. "What about if we merge packs? Surely that wouldn't be too difficult." 

I scoffed at him immediately, my eyes widening with my brows raised. "Are you kidding me, both our packs are big enough. If we merged, it would cause havoc-- it would be too much!" I exclaimed at him as I gave him a pointed look. 

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "Amelia, you have to consider," 

"Do I?" I asked rhetorically, raising a brow at him. Why did I have to leave my pack? What about his pack?