Five

I sat in my office, papers sprawled all over the table as I spoke my Beta, Chase

"Are you sure you can handle this?" I asked, watching as he scoffed and rolled his eyes at me.

I decided that I would listen to Sebastian, and I agreed to stay with him for a few days to get to know him and get to know his pack-- though I had no intention of leaving the Lotus Pack, it just happened to be an excuse to see him again.

Though it did pain me to leave him at the Alpha Ball, I could feel my wolf cry in agony as I walked away from him that night much to my dismay. I could feel just how much my wolf wanted to be with him, and I don't disagree one bit.

So in this moment, I was handing my Alpha duties temporarily to Chase as he could stand as an Acting Alpha while I was away on this trip, that way the pack would not be left without a leader to help them.

I trusted this man with my life-- after all, he was my Beta, my second in command.

"Everything will be okay, Luna," I pushed the cringe I felt away from me, it still felt odd for people to call me Luna-- especially my best friends. Chase sighed and leaned over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You should be with your mate," I watched as he gave me a toothy smile.

When I told Chase and Ashe about my mate, they were completely overjoyed me. They had seen me alone for years and the fact that I had finally met my mate made them so happy.

Also, I suppose the idea of having a full pack including both an Alpha and a Luna warmed their hearts.

I sighed, looking down at the work in front of me.

Was I doing the right thing by leaving my people behind-- even if it was a few days? I felt so overwhelmed by everything, and I just knew that Sebastian and I had to work this out immediately--

-- I couldn't think of a life without him but the fact was I also couldn't think of a life with my pack, without my family.

Whether or not it was a good idea, I was already going it-- it was too late now.