Eight

I could barely sleep, I was turning left and right as I laid in the comfy bed sheets. 

Sebastian still wasn't back from what he was doing instead of being at the BBQ with his pack and was continuing to irk me more and more as the night went on and I carried on narrowing my eyes at the ceiling above me. 

He simply disappeared on me. Was I wrong for being irritated so much by this? I know this wasn't my pack and I had no authority here, but I was his mate-- the Moon Goddess destined us to be together, doesn't that mean no secrets. 

I huffed in bed, turning to my side. My eyes landed on the bedside together that was now in front of me, a photo on top of it. I could see Sebastian and Tyla in the photo, both with huge smiles on their faces-- and only in this photo could I see the similarities between the two, the smile really brought it all together for me, they were almost identical.  

However, I didn't recognize the two beside them although due to how young the siblings seemed to be in the photo, I could only assume that the two beside them were their parents.

I never met the Alpha and Luna of the Crimson-Moon Pack, my parents had crossed paths with them on occasions such as the Alpha Ball and the Alpha Meetings that were held monthly however that was it. We had no close ties to the pack.

Until now. 

To this day, I wasn't sure what happened to the previous leaders of this pack. I knew they died a couple of years ago, however, the information regarding the deaths were disclosed to only the Crimson-Moon Pack. 

That was one thing I happened to have in common with Sebastian I suppose-- we both have as-dead-as-door-nails parents. It isn't something to celebrate, though it is something we clearly we shared. 

I sighed loudly, boredom getting the best of me as I forced my eyes shut and allowing the darkness to consume. I prayed for sleep, all I wanted was a new day and I was tired of listening to myself breathe in this empty room. 

Soon enough, the darkness engulfed me and I clung on, finally falling asleep.