Thirty

C H A P T E R  -  T H I R T Y

T W O - W E E K S - L A T E R 

"I can't believe this is happening," Tyla breathed out, her eyes wide as she looked back at the mirror in front of her.

There she stood, in all her glory, in an ivory-coloured dress that fell down to the ground-- almost as if it was a wedding dress-- with the back hanging low, and the top connecting around the neck. She wore sandals on her feet and Juliet and I watched as she admired herself in the mirror.

"This is amazing, I'm so happy for you," Juliet sent her best friend a soft smile while she sat next to me, sitting comfortably on the couch as she cuddled a stray cushion.

It had been a very long week for Juliet. She went through multiple downs throughout the week, some nights she would wake up crying for Eli and by the time she was lucid, she would be too awake to go back to sleep.

The days without Eli had been difficult, and even with the two weeks past, I wasn't sure if she was ready to heal.

Everyone noticed one prominent thing about Juliet after her mate's death-- she lost her shine. She was no longer the happy, perky pack member that everyone knew and could confide in.

There was darkness behind her eyes now.

But despite that, here she was-- smiling and gleaming, absolutely thrilled for her best friend who was just about to be crowned the Luna of the Crimson-Moon pack.

"So," I piped up. "Are you ready, Luna Tyla," I could see her reflection as a wide grin spread across her face.

"More ready than I'll ever be,"

I could tell that becoming Luna of this pack might so much to her-- and I curse myself for that realizing it sooner.

Today was Tyla's Luna crowning and it would be the first day that she would be the Luna of Crimson-Moon pack. It is also the last day that Sebastian and I will be staying.

After the crowning, we will say our goodbyes and be on our way back to the Lotus pack-- back home finally. So granted, this was a very, very, big day-- for everyone.

Suddenly, Tyla spun on her heel and her eyes were directed straight at me.

"I, however, am not too ready to see you and my brother go," She pouted, before throwing herself towards Juliet and I, falling right between us. She threw her arms around our shoulders and pulled us both towards her. "I'm not ready for the group to end,"

"Group?" I laughed.

Tyla snapped her head to me and rolled her eyes. "Of course! We've basically become a little clique with you being here," She said before sending me a joking wink. "You can honestly say you aren't going to miss us?"

I scoffed. "Of course, I'm going to miss you," I nudged Tyla with my elbow. "But Seb and I are still going to visit, we aren't gone forever,"

"Yeah," Juliet quietly piped up. "But you'll be gone for a considerable about of time-- It's going to be different,"

"Well, maybe it's time for different,"