Thirteen

I didn't know what I was expecting when I was going back to the Lotus pack-- if I was being completely honest, I hadn't thought about the pack too much when I was around Sebastian.

Part of me didn't worry at the fact that I have had no contact with Chase nor Ashe while I visited my mate's pack, it didn't occur to me that anything had happened.

However, while Milah and I were closing to the border, I couldn't help but feel unsteady-- and I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed a shift of energy as I noticed Milah shifting uncomfortably in her seat. 

I couldn't place what the feeling was, but it did make both Milah and myself feel slightly uneasy

I could even feel my wolf stir, asking what was going on but I didn't have any answers for her. 

I tried to push the feeling away, passing it as my emotions overwhelmed me with the closer we got to the pack border-- the closer I was at the Lotus pack, the further I was from Sebastian, and that also didn't sit well with both my wolf and I. 

"Luna," I heard from beside me. I turned my head to the side to see Milah, an uneasy look on her face.  "Are you feeling okay?" My brows furrowed. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I asked my friend and fellow pack member. Why wouldn't I be okay? I was totally okay--  absolutely A-OK. 

"Well, your mate is in the opposite direction that we're heading to-- not to mention you haven't said a single word since we've been in this car," 

"Yes I have," Have I? In all seriousness, I had no idea if I had spoken on a bit since sitting in this vehicle. My mind was definitely somewhere else.

"Respectfully, I'm going to have to disagree with you there Amelia," She raised an eyebrow at me, giving me a pointed look and crossing her arms. "Tell me what's up," She demanded. In response, I rolled my eyes. 

I wasn't in the mood to talk about it, I wasn't in the mood to get into yet another discussion about something that was no one else's concern but my own. 

"Please Milah," I could almost hear the begging tone as I turned to look at my friend once more, "I can't talk about it right now, I'm completely drained at the moment," And that I was.

For every day I was like, I thought about the predicament that I was in about ten times a day and I couldn't do it right now. I didn't want to think about how I was being stretched out by both my mate and my pack and one of the only solutions there was, was to leave my family behind. 

Milah sent a small smile and nodded in my direction before facing back to the front-- we were now inching closer and closer to the border. 

"If it matters, there are hundreds of packs in the world," She spoke up again after a few seconds of peaceful silence. ", but you're only destined to one person." And that was the last thing she said before there was complete silence for the rest of the journey.