Twenty

I felt a sharp banging pain in my head as I tried to open my eyes

I felt a sharp banging pain in my head as I tried to open my eyes. I groaned in pain for a moment, my hand immediately going to my injured head as I finally managed to open my eyes.

The first I saw was bars.

I was in the dungeon.

My mind wandered to what happened which ended up in me locked in a cold dungeon all alone. Kenneth and George-- I killed them both.

For a moment, a sharp pang of pain hit my heart as I thought back to how I had no choice but to kill two of my pack-members-- or former pack-members. No matter how it seemed, I never wanted to hurt the pack members and it deeply hurt me inside knowing that it was either them or me and in the end, I had to choose myself.

Chase was my priority.

Chase.

He and his lackeys attacked me, used quantity over quality, and managed to take advantage of my lack of numbers.

Never in my life did I expect Chase to throw cheap shots in order to get what he wished for-- pathetic.

I groaned in pain, clutching my head as I felt a pang of pain shooting up for a moment. My mind flashed back to the fight between Kenneth and I-- my head smacking against the ground, ouch.

The wolfsbane they must have injected me with had completely stalled my ability to heal, feeling me with aching injuries everywhere on my body.

Suddenly, my attention was averted to the moving shadow in the corner, causing me to gasp in shock and distance myself.

"Shit!" I yelped out, suddenly realising the silver chain locked around my ankles, a sharp burning sensation coming from a single touch.

The shadow quickly followed the sound, and soon enough there was a face to the shadow.

"Milah?" I gaped as my eyes widened on the young woman in front of me. She looked completely worn down. "Oh my god, Milah, are you alright?" I asked immediately, scanning for any injuries on her body.

She didn't look injured-- just tired.

She sent me a weak smile, her eyes wandering down to the ground for a moment before she looked back at me.

"I'm fine, it's you I'm worried about," She spoke softly, her voice quiet as she took a second to glance down at the chains around my ankles. I hissed as her fingers grazed the red raw skin, my wound taking its time to heal due to it being an injury from silver.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked her, my mind instantly wandering off. Did they send Milah to the dungeons just for being with me during their sneaky take-over of the Lotus pack?

Milah sighed, closing her eyes momentarily before she stood and dusted off of her clothes. In this second, I noticed that she was shackled with chains, nor did she look deprived of anything besides sleep.