Fake It Till You Make It ~ Kshaw

Features some nice unrequited love. Or not so nice, I guess.

-Toxic relationship, abuse/borderline abuse. (Depends how you view it.)

JJ was fucked up; and he knew it too. And yet, he still couldn't get enough of this, whatever this was. In his mind, this was anger and jealousy and love.

In reality, this was anger, jealousy, pettiness, and obsession.

What a way to build a relationship. (And destroy another as you do.)

~~~

JJ rolled his eyes, his hands clutching at the pillow on his lap as stared at the TV, trying not to look in their direction.

"Simon, no."

From the corner of his eye, JJ could see Simon retreat from Talia's neck, a large grin on his face. He could hear Talia's giggles; they made her sound like she was free from the world and all of the horrible things in it.

(Like JJ.)

~~~

"Come on, Harry, one more time." At the pointed look on Harry's face, JJ softly added, "Please."

"You said the same thing last time." Harry looked back down at his phone, fingers slowly beginning to tap away at the screen.

"And the time before that."

JJ didn't give himself a chance to feel any shame, though he probably should have.

"Harry," the desperation in JJ's voice caused Harry to look up suddenly, eyes wide, "Please."

Harry closed his eyes, breathing a deep sigh before opening them again. His fingers had already stopped tapping.

"Fine. This is the last time though, JJ. We can't- I can't- you can't keep doing this. To me, to Simon, to yourself."

JJ just nodded, like a child being scolded, but he wasn't truly there. His eyes unconsciously begged for foregiveness and his mind whirled with thoughts.

~~~

Harry knew he should let his friends - his flatmate and best friend - know about his most recent romantic development, but he didn't know when the best time to do that was. (Especially after having done it three times already.) So, the night after he and JJ made it 'official' he just blurted it out over a round of beers and a failed attempt at FIFA.

"I'm dating JJ."

Ethan's whole body froze up, his beer bottle paused on its way to his mouth. Cal wasn't so lucky, having just taken a sip of his own, so it ended up spewing out of his mouth and across the coffee table. He turned to Harry, eyes wide.

"Again?!"

Harry nodded, head ducked in shame. He'd promised them both that last time would be just that, the last time.

"Bog," shit, Ethan sounded angry, "how many fucking times have we told you that this is bad? The man's fucking toxic."

Harry sighed, guilt-stricken. "I know, it's just- he needs this. He needs me."