3-Witness

My woman ran away with another man...

Half an hour on the road. It felt so uncanny. Like a fever dream. I still couldn't wrap my head around the last 48 hours of my life, and even more so the last hour. I killed a shifter and was now driving between a forest and a corn field, not even one car had driven by me. The sun was setting and I was almost out of gas.

I had better find a safe place with a phone soon. I didn't want to end up running around the woods at night with werewolves in them, on the one chance tonight was a full moon. Didn't they specifically turn into blood thirsty monsters at the sight of those?

What where the logistics here? God I wish I looked more into them when I had the chance to.

I kept glancing towards the rear view mirror. No one was behind me.

You'd think there'd be a car chase judging by how many men were there and the fact that I was planning on heading straight for the safety of a police station and throw all of their asses in jail. But no one was after me. What could be more important than catching a fucking snitch? Maybe they were busy crying over their dead alpha and had no interest in catching me.

Maybe they got scared shitless and were busy changing their identities. After all, this was big. And bad. Someone was going to pay for this.

No matter how I struggle and strive...

I glanced towards Jupiter's body on the passenger's seat. It looked like it was breathing but I couldn't afford to stop and check. Not now. Not until I was safe.

I'll never get out of this world alive..

With a flick of my finger, I turned off the radio. Anxious. I was driving with one foot. Shaking. The adrenaline had worn off. Everything hurt and I felt it all. I was so unbelievably tired wanted to slam my head on the steering wheel and cry for a solid hour. My vision had gotten blurry and the three day hunger was starting to catch up to me as my stomach tore at me.

I didn't recognize this road. I wasn't even sure I was driving towards civilization. I could be heading towards the Grand Canyon for all I know. Was I even still in Washington State? I was passed out when he drove me here.

I bit my thumb nail anxious when suddenly, the car started slowing down on its own. I glanced towards the dashboard and breathed in.

Great timing! Running out of gas was exactly what I needed.

I slowly directed the car to the side of the road until it came to a complete stop. After a few seconds of lifeless starring I hit the steering wheel in utter frustration.

Damn it, Damn it all! I am not going back there alive!

I breathed out and reached for Jupiter. I could feel its breathing, very shallow, but breathing nonetheless. I wasn't sure what had knocked it out, the hot water or maybe a pipe from the explosion. I never saw what happened. Maybe my captor even hit it. Fucking cunt.

I grabbed Jupiter's body quickly, I needed to ditch this car and move. I searched the glove compartment for anything relevant, papers, identifications, a phone, water. I found the asshole's driving license.

His name was David Westfield. Born on November 1st, 1994. Blood type B+. I cringed when I spotted the little heart symbol on the bottom of the license with the indication "Organ donor".

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

That low life scumbag was an organ donor? This had to be a fake ID unless the organ he gave was his balls.

I shoved the license in my pocket and threw the green military jacket I found in the car on my shoulders. I limped for about ten excruciating minutes on the empty roadside until I spotted a herd of sheep crossing the road.