12-Proud

A/N: New readers: I hope you're enjoying the story so far, thank you for your support.

A/N: Old readers: Welcome back, thank you for being here still. It means the world to me.

*+*+*+*+*+*++**++**+*+*+*+*+**+*

I was ready to kiss him, and then some! Which scares the absolute humanity out of me.

He stopped himself only inches away from my lips, I felt his breath on them and looked up to him, he was angry at whoever was knocking. It seemed as if he had snapped out of that weird hazy mental state he involuntarily goes to sometimes. He retreated back and I wanted to grab into his forearms and urge him on but the knocking got more persistent.

He grabbed my wrist to pull me off the door. Tingles sparked everywhere on my arm. I moved away and looked up to the side of his face in silence as he leaned in to open it. Taking a mental picture of him. His perfect side profile. The sharp angle of his jawline. The gleaming earring he had. His Adam's apple. His lips. I caught a glimpse of his wolf canines as he smiled when he realized I was eying him. I looked away immediately. Slightly mortified.

God help me, these men are something else..

He knew he was handsome. He knew his deep sultry voice was attractive. He knew his body was build like a ten story house. Did he know I was becoming increasingly attracted to him? The rate this was growing at was alarming. It seemed to double with each encounter.

Maybe I need to start avoiding him!

Did someone put some sort of shifter spell on me? I don't think anybody hypnotized me to feel this way towards Killian. These actions felt instinctual yet I would never behave like this normally.

Was it because he was an alpha and I was a female? Wasn't it instinct to be attracted to the strongest dominant male?

No! I've been in the presence of alpha human guys; I don't think I ever felt this way towards any of them. I'm not behaving normally right now. In this place! Was I in a state of shock?  Maybe this whole situation took its toll on me without me realizing it!  I felt like a stranger to myself in his presence.

"Killian!" Scarlet emerged from the door and wrapped her arms around his neck while throwing herself at him, "Look at my cheek! Look what she did to me!" she whined. He didn't do anything to catch her but he wasn't pushing her off either. My rising blood pressure was telling me nothing good was going to come out of her being here. But I remained still.

Do not show...anything. Do not even feel anything because for some reason, emotions were transferable between us.

Don't be angry. Don't be sad. Don't be irritated.

Focus on something else. Focus on something pleasant. Think about mom!

I cringed as I felt my mind helplessly dive into a void of dark thoughts as in "Kelsey was with her now!" and I was here...Suffering. Confused and tormented.

I dropped my head and looked at my feet.

I want to join them...

Alpha Killian snapped his head towards me with some sort of alarmed concern and confusion in his eyes.
I'm going to be honest, I wanted him to hold me in his arms so I could just cuddle against him and weep.

Oh my god! The fuck?! Why would I want that?

I say "Don't feel!" and you replace your anger with sadness? Riley! Pull yourself together!