25-Damaged

"I'll show you who's the dog!"

For some reason, I wasn't that scared. 

I should be dead by now but instead, he just kissed my foot. I'm getting cocky and insolent by the minute because of this, letting myself be way too comfortable with him. 

...but this was a wolf, Riley. Don't forget. 

A wild animal, you never know when instinct will kick in and he'll tear your face off. Maybe it was all building up to some grand vengeance he had in store for me and I had no idea.

But right now, I had the upper hand. Me words bothered him; Me rejecting him had so much of an impact he had a whole ass dinner set with Scarlet to drive his point across. I win. 

He could sense the arrogance in me, I knew because he felt challenged, and I didn't know what he had in mind but he suddenly grinned and then pulled the strands of my hair in his hand to make me tilt my head to the side so my neck was fully exposed. I felt him lower his head, I thought he was going to kiss it again, as he's done so many times. My neck seemed to be a point of interest for him, if he wasn't kissing or licking it, he'd just shove his face in it and smell my scent. I wanted to move but before I could try to get myself free, he nibbled on me.

I'm not exactly sure how to explain what happened next, his teeth BARELY grazed my skin, he didn't even bite, and that was all my body wanted. I cannot for the life of me explain my reaction, as if I had been struck by lightning right in the neck. I unconsciously moaned loudly and dropped my head on his chest, feeling my body get ready for him to sink his teeth in my skin. My hands involuntarily reached for the back of his neck and I sank my fingers in his hair, wanting him to finish the job, finish biting me, fully. I'm not sure why. Unconsciously, that was all I wanted. That was a goal I didn't know I had. Much like an instinct. This had happened before in his walk in closet where I wanted to seduce him and have him go for my neck. I had no idea why.

Did I crave death this badly?..

He wouldn't take the invite to bite me fully but he ran his tongue from the base of my neck all the way to my jaw before he went to my ear.

"I can't mark you, darling." he whispered, he was talking as if I knew what "Mark you" meant, I didn't, but my body did because it understood "Rejection" and responded by involuntarily make me want to drop into the water face first and drown myself. The hurt in me was so stringent.

I didn't even comprehend why I was hurt, all I knew was that he wasn't giving me something, and I don't even know what that was. 

"I would love to though.." I heard his voice say as clear as day and I had to double check with myself to make sure I wasn't going insane. He hadn't spoken at all but I heard it.

His thoughts? For a brief moment, I heard his thought. It came abruptly and was gone before I could fathom what was happening. Was it because he nibbled on me? 

I felt saddened, belittled, angered, insulted, infuriated, degraded; that he wouldn't bite me even though he clearly wanted to. Was I so bad? Would he rather bite Scarlet instead? I'm not even sure why I wanted to get bitten by him but it enraged me that he wouldn't. I turned around and glared up to him.

Why would he even tease me with it to begin with? He's the one who grazed my skin with his teeth; he did it on his own. I'm shaking from it.

He smirked at the face I made, he found it funny how one minute I'm cocky but with one graze of his teeth, i'm begging him to bite me the next. His eyes darkened before he leaned into my face again. I was so done letting him shove his tongue in my mouth and I was going to do everything in my power to reject every kiss from him.