22-Resolved

"Tell me Riley, about your escape plan.."

My eyes flew open and my gaze fell on the pillar in front of us, my heart pounded quickly but I remained still as a rock. My chest was going to burst at the anxiety of being caught in an incriminating thought by him.

There is one thing that has been happening for a while now and I never took the time to sit down with myself and think about it carefully because I didn't think it was possible, but just a year ago I didn't think werewolves existed either, there was no place for rational thinking anymore.

Everything was possible, and so was this little fact that I'm only now realizing;

Alpha Killian could read minds.

How-

How much of my escape plan did he know of..

When I tried to move away from him, he tightened his grip on my waist to prevent me from budging,  his grip was so firm I couldn't breath, he was not intending on letting go. He was ready for confrontation. I couldn't even look at him anymore. 

I always thought I was an open book and he simply guessed my thoughts by looking at my reactions. 

But, this. 

This was too spot on. Too specific. 

I wasn't sure how, or since when it's been this way.

Werewolves can read minds..

Was this a power they all had? Or rather..no... wait a minute;

Not all werewolves, just alphas. Because David, my captor, never once thought I was hiding in that basement for fear of the boiler exploding. Had he realized that, he'd have gotten out immediately.

But then again, Alpha Landon, was an alpha, and he, himself, stood right next to it and took the deadly blow.

So, not all alphas could read minds, just this one bastard...

Could he read everyone's? 

...No, he couldn't.

When Scarlet cut my hair off, he had to ask Marlene about it. If he could read her mind, he wouldn't have gotten so frustrated, and now that I think about it, at that time, why didn't he simply read my mind? He kept asking me, over and over, what had happened.

Unless he couldn't at the time..

Unless his mind reading ability was recent... 

Ever since we first kissed, he's been inside my head. 

I subconsciously gave him comfort. Perhaps I accidentally gave him access to more without knowing it.

Something happened to me as well that day. I'm not sure what, but I started feeling and acting more and more needy towards him.

I swallowed and stayed silent.

I had no answer to his question.

What could I possibly say to get out of this situation?

He seemed to be calm enough but previous experiences with him taught me that a calm Killian was a dangerous Killian. A ticking bomb Killian. He was going to blow up any minute if I played this wrong.

"Riley.." he warned and I flinched at the way he said it. It was menacing, filled with contained wrath. A subconscious part of me deep down loved that the thought of me leaving angered him this much. Another part was weary and frightened. 

I raised my eyes towards his face to try and act coy but because of the height difference, my nose fell merely inches from his neck. I couldn't help but catch a whiff of his alluring scent and felt my head spin and my vision blur. I had no control over it, he was becoming a drug to me.