32- Listed

I stood up slowly, holding on to Julia's arm. My legs wobbly and my head spinning.

I genuinely felt as if someone slammed my spiritual head inside my physical body for it to attach back and wake up inside of it. My migraine wouldn't leave no matter how tight I grabbed into my temples. I wanted to take an ice cream spoon, scoop my brain out of my skull and wipe the migraine off the walls with a towel.

I grabbed on to my hips, trying to feel my tight, cramped ovaries that were still acting up. It's safe to say I hated being inside this body right now. Every limb was sitting uncomfortably attached to it as if it didn't belong there.

Dead weight. My own arms. All because alpha Killian was too far? I was in so deep.

"What was your nightmare about?" she asked and I looked at the bed sheets again to see if I had really left a blood stain on it or if it was also part of the hallucination/dream.

There was a stain. The same one I saw before I passed out. I breathed out and started heading for the bed.

"fear, regret, panic.." I said angrily while yanking it off the mattress, "same old, I guess.." I mumbled to myself. I would tell her about the pleasant beginning of it but she would accuse me of being in love with alpha Killian again and I wasn't here for it.

She looked at me picking up the pillow that fell on the ground before she crossed her arms and looked at the window. The sun was rising in the distance.

"I'm sorry." she whispered without looking at me and I whipped my head around, surprised.

"For what?" I asked, dumbfounded. I don't think I ever heard Julia say 'Sorry' un-ironically.

"I guess we both had it rough for the last 24 hours," she looked at me limp towards her before she breathed out, "Okay maybe you had it worst.." she admitted and I tilted my head. Instantly remembering my shoulder was hurt. My hand subconsciously went to touch it to check if putting pressure on it was still painful. It was. "I'm sorry for lashing out at you in the train." she concluded and I looked at her with a genuine idiotic smile.

I don't know, she felt like a friend right then. Maybe I simply craved someone being nice to me. Living with cold wolves wasn't convenient for someone as emotionally needy as myself.

I wasn't mad at her for it. I was used to her temper. She was simply straight to the point. No sugar coating. Deep down, she guided and protected me in more ways than I can count. She looked out for me since the moment I woke up. She had stolen bread and cheese and got slapped for it. Friends fight. I fought with Kelsey every waking moment of her life.

Her very short lived life..

I looked down, my eyes getting glassy and my brain fogging up.

"What's wrong ?" Julia said when she noticed me go from grinning to disinterested. I looked up to her before I sat down on the bed.

"Nothing, just...reflecting about all the things I could've done differently." I said, trying to keep myself from diving back into that dark sinkhole of 'Had I done this and that, Kelsey would still be alive'

I promised myself I wouldn't go there yet. Maybe later on, in the safety of my own house, I would kill myself over it.

But right now, I can't let alpha Killian win.

"Don't beat yourself up, nobody hands you a pamphlet on surviving shifters when you get to the pack house." she observed and I shrugged.

"There are still principles you can follow to save your sister's life," I pursed my lips, "...and I didn't." I said to her. Almost choking on my own words.