7-Slave

A/n: My father passed away after months of fighting a chain of health complications. I was told it was selfish to think like this but I'd rater he would have stayed with me even if he was sick, weak and struggling. Any outcome would have been better than this one. 

I'm gonna be honest, I stopped caring if the book gets taken down from Wattpad or Patreon again, I'm gonna write whatever the fuck I wanted to initially write. 

Please keep my dad in your prayers. 

I love you guys. It's been so incredibly tough these past two years. Life after Covid feels like a fever dream. 

**********************

"You were sparred!"

Why am I alive?

Memories of our last moment together stormed through my head. How I snapped at her back in the storage room for trying to turn on the lights. I called her an idiot when she took the garden door earlier. I was so mean and bitchy and snappy and for what?

I'm so sorry.

Had I known.

 I was so stressed and restless. I've anticipated dying for her. Dying in her stead. Dying to save her. I was fine trading my life for hers. 

But not this..

Everything but this. 

You did nothing wrong, Kelsey. You were innocent. 

I got you killed! I'm sorry for seeming confident. I was trying to be brave. You had faith in me and I didn't want to be a letdown. I was trying so hard to make smart decisions. To be the older sister. The one who knew what to do. To be the one who kept it together. 

How did I fuck up so badly?

She had defied orders for me, refused to lure me into a trap over the phone and warned me not to trust Marshall. I bet she was punched for that reason. Not for speaking without permission. She lied so I didn't feel guilty. I know her. I do. She ran away from being sparred and blindly came to save me. Purely loving me. Blindly putting herself in danger to save me. Refusing to abandon me no matter what it cost her. Loyal to me til the very end.

I didn't deserve her, and she didn't deserve any of this. She deserved better.

And all of this could have been avoided if I had made better decisions.

"Riley, you were sparred!" Marshall repeated at my lack of reaction, as if I was supposed to break into a happy dance at those words, jump up in excitement and shake his hand. 

What even is the point of anything anymore?

"This means we still have a chance," he declared in a serious thoughtful tone and I twitched.

"We"?...

"If you remain alive, this can prove to the justices-"

"Fuck them!" I snapped, holding onto Kelsey tighter. "Fuck them, fuck you," I cried, "..and fuck him!" I snarled, looking at the direction alpha Killian took.

He needs to die.

Fuck all of them!

Fuck the werewolf who caught us. Fuck the shifter society. Fuck their entire system. Fuck their whole existence.

But mainly, fuck alpha Killian.

He will pay! Dearly! For what he has done so carelessly.