37-Caught

"Did Collin find Jasper?" I whispered, I had no idea how I was still able to formulate sentences, my breathing was shaky and my heart was beating in my ears. "Or was it Killian's trackers?" I asked, feeling hot in the face at the anxiety. 

Corry smashed his phone on the dashboard in a fit of rage, making me jump. The screen shattered and I flinched when parts of it bounced off the windshield and hit me in the chest.

He saw that it hit me but didn't care to apologize. Did he blame me? He put his hand over his eyes and rested his elbow against the window. He blamed me, rightfully so...

Jasper was dead because I answered that fucking call. I brought Collin straight to us. I hid that fact and gave him a whole day to come find us, we could've ran, had I told Corry earlier.

Corry turned on the keys and started the car in silence.

"Put your seatbelt on." He said coldly and I looked at him.

"Where are you going?" I asked, two possibilities running in my head: His flight response was triggered by that picture and he was running with me somewhere else, or he was delivering me straight back to Collin in hopes of appeasing him.

"We're out of here, onto the next state." he informed and I nodded.

"Let me go get Julia!" I was starting to panic because he wasn't stopping the car for me to get out. He was going to save only me and that was NOT happening.

"That was Collin using Jasper's phone," He warned, "He probably beat Killian's trackers to the restaurant and didn't find us inside, he called to scare me into handing you over in hopes of sparing the rest of us!"

"JULIA'S STILL IN THE HOUSE!" I screamed, horrified, "AND SO IS RUTH!"

"It's too late for them..." he drove out of the ally and I started to hyperventilate.

If handing me over will save them, then okay! Hand me over.

Let him decapitate me, my life is fucked anyways!

He was going to make minced meat out of both of them. The way Jasper's face was cut in half; it looked like he ripped into him with shifter claws. At least Killian had enough decency to shoot the humans.

"They're dead, forget about them."

"STOP THE CAR!" I hurled, shaking. "NOW!"

"I SAID FORGET IT!" he screamed back, panicked as well when he saw me grab the door handle, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he grabbed my elbow to stop me before he turned his eyes back towards the source of the honking and the two car lights coming our way, he let go of me to grab the steering wheel again and avoid crashing into an upcoming car. The motion made me slam into my door while the coffee on his cup holder spilled on my thighs.

"FUCK ME!" he screamed, honking back.

"I'm not leaving without Julia!" I pleaded but it came out as an outraged shout. Not another Kelsey ending! I would rather die with them in there. This isn't happening. Oh my god. This isn't happening. "Stop th-" I started before I noticed Corry's eyes roll to the back of his skull, and right then, real life simply felt like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. "Corry?" I called out, panicking even more.

"CORRY!" I screamed again. He slumped on the steering wheel before crashing into a pole on the sidewalk.

My face slammed on the dashboard from the impact and my migraine pounded inside my entire being. I understood why cartoonists drew stars on characters that got hit in the head. I saw the entire galaxy when my eyes closed.