5-Culprit

I glanced to my right then to my left.

I was sitting in a car with four werewolves.

I couldn't move a muscle. Marshall had glorified the shifters from this pack so much, I felt like I was breathing their oxygen and I should just asphyxiate right then. I felt like my presence in this car was too much, like I was taking up space I shouldn't. 

If I could sit in the trunk, I honestly would. 

I was petrified, yet still a bit curious. The concept of shifters was so unbelievably foreign and far from my mundane life, I've never in a million years, expected to meet one, if any, ever. Let alone be driven somewhere in a car with them in it.

Nevertheless, I accepted the situation, the thought that I was headed towards my death in exchange for Kelsey's life, that I was fine with. I surprised myself with how well I was taking this. I was processing things rather quickly these days and shock never lasted for more than mere seconds before acceptance filled in. I was adapting fast.

Bad things happen and I don't even ask "why me?" I just go "Again? Okay.." and frankly I wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

I am definitely not the same person I was two days ago...

What am I thinking? There was no spare fear to spend on myself. My sister was utmost priority.

My baby sister..

I slowly lowered my gaze towards the hands of the man to my right. They were clasped together and so incredibly big. I swallowed. These guys were certainly not as big as alpha Landon but still bigger than my captor, organ donor and certified wanker David Westfield who was still on the loose, probably hating my guts right now.

I had made a lot of shifter enemies in the span of a month. I did not expect my summer to go like this.

I was brought back into reality when the man I was shamelessly starring at broke the silence.

"See something you like?" he grinned at me and I widened my eyes at him.

Teasing? He was teasing me? Are you fucking serious?

These guys weren't police officials at all. Else this would be terribly unprofessional behavior.

I wasn't arrested one bit, I was snatched by evil henchmen.

"Don't talk to the alpha's captive." the man on my left snarled.

"She's the one eyeing me," he smirked, "Curious little human, aren't you?" he cooed before turning towards the window and I noticed a scare on his neck. A claw mark.

I looked down at my own knees. I wasn't eying him out of promiscuous intentions. I was in a car with beings whom, growing up, I thought were nothing but mythical creatures. Of course I wanted to stare. I needed to. I had questions.

What do you eat? Where do you live? Do you have religion? Do you obey some sort of patriarchy? Do you shift on the full moon as the legends convey? How much of our human knowledge about you was mere misconception? What is your mentality like? Are you actual wolves? Do you have morals and principles or was it complete anarchy in your world?

The shifter to my left leaned in to look through the window at a man standing on the side of the road. The driver slowed down.

"What took him so long?" the man to my right complained. The car came to a stop right at the feet of the man outside. The one in the front seat rolled down his window, exchanged a few words with him before he breathed out.