34-Conjured

Dread crawled up my skin like a thousand spiders. I stopped myself before I could ask him who he was, a part of me doubting my own ears. Maybe this isn't Collin? Maybe I'm losing my mind? But I recognized his voice all too well. How could I ever forget? It was carved in my brain. 

My shaky hands took the phone out of my ear and I hung up immediately before he heard the frying sounds coming from the kitchen. I didn't want him to trace us back to a restaurant in case he knew of this place.

Why the fuck was Collin-

I went to the messages and started typing before Corry could come back.

"I can't talk right now, what is it?" I hit 'Send' and waited. My eyes plastered on the screen. A million conspiracy theories running through my head.

Either Corry was lying and taking me straight back to Killian, or Collin was on my dad's side..

The second one seemed almost impossible, seeing as how wolves were pack animals who stuck together, but from what I noticed, Collin doesn't necessarily like Killian. He seemed to hold some type of envy and hatred and a will to bring him down, to bring alphas down, much like my captor, David, did. I wouldn't put it passed him to stab Killian in the back and have me run..

...But why help me? What would he gain from me running away?..

A text message appeared before my eyes and I clutched the phone tightly in my fingers. 

"Are you taking the girls to Seattle or what?"

My heart sank in my stomach and my throat closed. 'The girls'? Collin knew Julia and I were with Corry? Meaning he was well updated on our current situation.

But did he only report back to him? Does Killian know? 

He doesn't know where we are now else he wouldn't be asking, however, he knows Corry is taking us to Seattle soon.

Was this the call Corry was waiting for all night? Were we not waiting for dad to contact us? Was it all just a ruse?

My brain was fogging up as the migraine pounded harder.

I had no more thoughts to swirl. I was burning out. Too many people fighting for their personal gain while using me as their sacrificial lamb. My mind was a hazy, blurry mess, but deep down, a faint feeling of happiness was simmering and I was deeply ashamed of it. 

The thought of Corry betraying me and taking me straight to Killian pleased me, and I hated it. I hated myself...

Acting on pure selfishness, I deleted the text and call log and put the phone back on the table facing down. I sat in my place, breathing slowly. Was I doing the right thing?

No, I wasn't. The right thing to do was to confront Corry about this...

I jumped when Julia's silhouette drew itself around the corner. She came towards my table, holding a tray of breakfast before she plopped down on Corry's chair.

"Is that you?" she took a sip of whatever was in her mug while looking at my listing on the laptop in front of her, before she tilted her head, impressed, "Damn, big wig's daughter sure is costly huh?"

"Don't call me that!" I snarled, it reminded me of David and I hated it. I was still shaky from Collin's voice on the phone, I can't deal with flashbacks on top of everything else.

"The hell's wrong with you?" she asked once she noticed the color drained from my face, I struggled with my tongue to formulate a sentence.

"Too much new information," I whispered, tired, "Too many people wanting me dead.."