36-Traced

I started repositioning my contacts back in place after a few moments of starring at my feet. It's safe to say whenever I think I know all about this narrative, someone throws a detail my way that makes me realize how oblivious I've been in all this.

It's so unfair, I'm front and center, taking all the repercussions, while barely knowing anything about the source of these problems.

"Why did he bring up my mom?" I couldn't help but voice out loud, I wasn't expecting him to be able to enlighten me because why would Corry know anything about my mom? But he sighed before he leaned towards the nightstand to put the phone down.

"Ah, I'm afraid that is for him to tell you!" he raised his eyebrows and I frowned.

"Tell me now!" I hissed. This was not the time to be keeping secrets from me. Knowing a detail like this could potentially make the difference between life and death. "I'm done being clueless while everyone makes calculated moves around me.."

"I don't have the facts," he shrugged, "And I'm not making any moves, I'm just doing my job."

"Are you?" I got up from the bed and glared at him. He tilted his head with another smile.

"You just spoke to your father and he told you to stay with me," he said, "Are you in denial? Do you want me to betray you? Take you back to alpha Killian?" he taunted and I hated how he acted like he knew my deepest darkest secret, because he wasn't too far from the truth.

"So you being in contact with a shifter from Killian's pack named Collin is also part of your job?" I accused, looking straight at him and he stood back, silenced.

Exactly, bitch!

I eyed him carefully, trying to read signs of uneasiness but his expression stayed the same.

"You went through my phone." He said and I stood still, not breaking eye contact.

"Why did Collin call you?"

"Your lunch is getting cold," Julia's voice said behind us, We simultaneously whipped out heads around to look at her, she was standing at the door, almost glaring at us. "You're talking to Collin?" she looked at him with a cold expression.

I looked back at Corry and crossed my arms on my chest, waiting. He ran a hand through his hair at the uncomfortable stares before he looked back at me.

"Why would I leave my phone on the table if I had something to hide?"

"That doesn't answer my fucking question, don't deflect." I snarled and he grinned.

"I'm not, that shifter isn't on Killian's side," he announced before he looked at Julia and she clutched the door handle tight. "He'd rather you're taken away from him," he said, turning back to me. "In fact, he was the one who led me to Rosedale."

So he was working with him.

"Why?"

"Oh, I'm sure he has something to gain from it," he continued. "It wasn't in a position to ask at the time, but as long as he was telling me your whereabouts, I was on board.."

"And you trusted him?" I asked, bewildered, almost disappointed. What an amateurish move. "Aren't you a professional?"

"My job was to take you away from the pack and deliver you to your dad, anyone aiming for the same outcome as me is my ally." He had a good point, but I highly doubt Collin wanted me to be delivered to my dad to save my life.