4

"Raven maybe? No, that doesn't seem right. Layla perhaps? Nah, I don't think that fits you either. What about Adriana? No, no that's definitely not it."

The deep and sexy voice I've come to know only as 'Alpha' is talking to me again. He has been trying to guess my name for a few days now, and he is not doing so great if I'm being completely honest.

Truthfully I think it's kind of cute that he's even trying, I wish I could just tell him my name. Hell, I wish I knew his name and not just his title. I try to open my eyes, but nothing. So I try to see if I can move any other body part, anything at all.

Toes, nope. legs, nope. arms, still nope. Damn it! I'm going to be a fucking vegetable for the rest of my life! That's just fan-diddly-fuckin-tastic. Fingers, nop- wait. Holy shit! I lifted my right index finger! Finally progress!

"MILLIE GET IN HERE!" Alpha yells.

Millie, who I've learned is the woman with the sweet voice. The only other voice I've been hearing for the last few days. Also I'm pretty sure it's safe to go ahead and assume that she's my doctor. I hear the door burst open, and heels clicking towards me.

"Yes Alpha, what is it?" Millie sounds a little panicked.

"She lifted her finger! That's a good sign, right?"

I can hear the excitement in Alphas voice, for some reason it makes me happy to hear him sounding excited for once.

"Wait, she did what? Which finger was it?"

Millie sounds curious now, maybe it is a good sign.

"This one"

Alpha still sounds excited, and the next thing I know I'm feeling sparks all around my index finger. He's hold it up in his hand, showing her which one I had finally moved.

Why in the fuck am I feeling sparks from him? Fuck, I wish I could smell or see already.

"I'm sorry to say this, but are you absolutely sure you seen her lift it? It is a possibility that it could have just been a nerve twitching or something."

She all but squeaks out. I can hear the caution in her voice, clearly not wanting to upset or anger him. I don't blame her.

"YES!" he booms.

"Of course I'm sure! I seen it with my own damn eyes, and I know what I saw. So it's a good sign right?"

His voice is laced with annoyance, and I think a little hope.

"If she lifted it herself, then yes. It's a very good sign. Might mean that she's actually attempting to wake up. So Alpha, have you settled on a name you think is hers yet?"

Millie sounds a little more confident now, but is trying to change the topic. She's probably trying not to give Alpha too much false hope. I know because she talks to me too, when she's in here alone.

She tells me that she hopes I wake up soon and that I'm 'mentally well' when I do. She's told me how she wants to give the Alpha hope, but not too much 'just incase'. She talked about how the Alpha has been a wreck of different emotions since he found me.

I wonder why though?

She had already correctly assumed that it is more than just the physical trauma. She really is a sweet woman, and seems to want what's best for Alpha. I wish I could tell her that would definitely not be me.

"She did, and Goddess I really hope she is. I want her to wake up so badly Millie. I want to see her eyes, I want talk to her, get to hear her voice and find out her name already. Guessing her name is a game I just can't win right now. Not when she can't tell me if what I'm guessing is wrong or right. So no, not yet. It's hard when nothing seems right, and nothing seems to fit her."

His voice brings me back into the conversation, he sounds so defeated though it hurt.

Nova! My name is Nova Rain Storms. Goddess, I wish he could hear me.

"Hmm, perhaps Noelle?"

I hear her tapping her foot as she starts guessing names with him.

By George, I think she's close!

"Noelle, I like it. But it doesn't seem right somehow. Maybe Nora?"

He seems to be perking up a little, good.

Oh my Goddess! So close, yet so far. I am mentally face-palming myself right now. IT IS NOVA

"I don't think so, she doesn't look like a Nora to me. Hmm.. What about... Nova?"

Yes! Holy shit, she actually got it right! I need to show them that's it, but how? Come on finger, move one more time for me.

I gather as much strength as I possibly can and attempt to move my hand or finger again one more time.

Please move! Please move! Goddess Please move! Yes, I did it! I actually lifted my entire hand off the bed this time!

"OH MY GODDESS ALPHA ZANE DID YOU SEE THAT? She lifted her hand!"

I've never heard Millie sound so loud, or excited for that matter. Hell, I'm right there with her on the excitement. Not only did I lift my hand, but I finally learned the name of the Alpha. Zane.

Why does that name sound so familiar?

"Yes, I saw it too Millie! Now what was the name you just said? Say it again."

His voice comes out rushed, yet excited also. I guess they are as happy as I am about the fact that I finally moved something.

"Nova."

She states my name loud and clear. I pray to the Goddess I can move my hand one more time for them. I couldn't move my entire hand this time, but I did shakily flex all my fingers upwards. Trying desperately to show them they got my name right.

Finally.

"I think that she's trying to tell us we got it right and that's it, that's her name. Nova. It's a beautiful name, for a beautiful woman."

Zane breathes out a sigh of relief. The next thing I know I feel him as he runs his hand through my hair. He gently tucks some behind my ear, placing a kiss on my cheek and sending sparks everywhere he touches.

Maybe it's just because my bodies asleep? You know the tingly feeling when a limb goes to sleep, maybe it's just something like that. He can't be my mate, can he?

If I'm capable of blushing right now, I'm sure my face is about as bright red as a tomato.

Stop that! No! No more men, no more trusting, no more love! Bad Nova!

I try to take in as deep of a breath as I can, but something hits me like a freight train. Making my head spin, while sending my senses and nerves into overdrive.

It's Zane, well it's his scent. He smells like the forest after rain and cinnamon. Not the sugary sweet kind, but the hot and spicy kind. Like red hots or fireball whisky, my favorite kind. 'Mate' sounds off in my head for the second time in my life.

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Novas sister Alexa, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.