33

It's almost time for Lane to show up, and I'm a nervous wreck. Not because I'll be seeing him, but for getting my revenge. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do exactly. I don't know if I'm going to kill him.

Should I?

Part of me is screaming yes. Then another part of me thinks there are better ways to get justice. I don't know which part to listen to. I need to figure it out though, and quick.

What do I do?

Right now I'm pacing back and forth in the bedroom. Waiting for Zane to come tell me he's here. Everyone else us downstairs playing the mourning roll. I've watched as guests arrive, never getting too close to the edge. I won't chance being seen.

Not yet...

Before I know it Zane walks through the door. He heads straight to me and embraces me in a hug. Pulling me in for a kiss after a moment. It's slow and passionate. Filled with love and promise. After he breaks away he says

"He's here."

Fuck...

I feel the air rush from my lungs. Dread and panic begin to set in. I can't do this. I can't see him. I can't face him.

"Hey... look at me." Zane lifts my chin so l meet his gaze.

"You got this. Remember who you are. You'll be fine." He reassures me.

I take a deep breath in and out.

He's right... I got this...

My plan is simple enough. Lane will be taken to be shown my 'body'. Once he's alone in there, I'll walk in. My father offered to be the one to take Lane to the room my 'body' will be in. I have a feeling Zane will find a way to be near by as well.

Zanes phone goes off and he checks it quickly before saying "Your father will be taking him in fifteen minutes. It's almost time to go. You ready?"

I just nod my head yes. I'm giving myself a pep talk. Telling myself I'll do what's right. That I'll know what's right.

We take the elevator down to the basement, where the morgue area is. Zane shows me to a room with a two-way mirror. I'll be able to see Lane, but he won't be able to see me.

Good...

Zane heads out after showing me the room ill be in. It doesn't matter if he smells my scent. He thinks he's coming to see my body anyway. He'll think he smells me and Zane because this is his pack.

I pace the room and wait. Wait for my father to bring in the man who tried to kill me. The man who was suppose to love me. My first mate.

I hear voices approaching from down the hall. I lift my nose to catch the scent and sure enough, it's them. My father slowly opens the door to the room I'm looking in to. First Lane enters then my father stands at the door.

"She's in that one there." My father points to one of the cold lockers. "They'll put her in the casket shortly. Just say what you need to."

"I will. Thank you sir." Lane replies.

Kiss ass...

My father merely nods, then he's gone. I could tell by the look on his face he was holding his rage in. Lane paces for a moment infront of the locker just staring at it. Finally he stops.

"I told you that you were a weak pathetic bitch... now look at you. Cold and dead."

I'll show you a weak pathetic bitch!

"Your sister has to be here somewhere, I'll find her shortly. What do you think of that huh? You couldn't stop me after all."

Oh I will motherfucker!

"Your mom was fun... for a while. But she got too old. Too boring. I'm glad I got to have fun with you at least. You know before I settle down with your sister."

What?! My mother?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

I knew he was a pig, but fuck. I never knew he'd been with my own mother. He keeps pacing back and forth as he talks to my 'body'.

"You just weren't what I needed ya know?"

*eye roll* You're tellin me...

"I do wish I didn't have to kill you though. You were wild in the sack. I could have kept you on the side. Hopefully your sister will be too."

Like hell! And you'll never find out...

It's seems like he's wrapping it up. Which means it's almost my cue. I'm just waiting for the right moment to come out.

"Goodbye Nova." He says as he starts to head for the door.

Guess this is as good a time as any...

"Hello Lane."

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters