32

Zanes POV

It's the middle of the night, and I was sleeping peacefully. Until Novas cries of fear and pain wake me once again. I hate that she has these dreams. I would take them away from her if I could.

Hell, I'd take them for her if I could...

"No! Please no!" She cries out.

Her little body twists and turns like she's fighting something. A unknown force that's not to be taken lightly. Her face twists in pain and it breaks my very soul.

"Please stop!" She pauses for a moment before sobbing "Please daddy... stop."

I'll kill him!!!

That's it! I can't take it anymore. I keep myself from growling like I want to. I have to stop this, she needs to know she's safe with me. I will never let anyone or anything hurt her ever again. I gently grab her shoulders and try shaking her awake.

"Nova, baby wake up." I try gently at first.

Nothing. She only continues fighting the demons in her mind.

"Nova please baby, wake up!" I try louder and jerk her up to a sitting position.

Her eyes dart open and she curls into herself. Trying to protect herself from what she thinks is to come. I gently rub the back of my hand across her cheek, and the other hand through her hair.

"It's okay Nova, it's only me. You're safe now." I tell her.

At this she unravels herself slightly to look at her surroundings. Once she sees I'm telling the truth she relaxes more and lays back on the bed.

"I'm sorry." She says as she hides her face from me.

"Don't be, don't ever be sorry for that. But can you tell me what that was about?"

She only shakes her head no. I know it was her father, but I don't want to push the matter. If she doesn't want to talk about it, then I won't make her. Not yet at least.

Novas POV

How embarrassing. Yet again, Zane saves me from my own damn nightmare. I'm beyond mortified. I hate that I can't seem to go a night without something from my past popping up in my mind. We drift back off to sleep after a few minutes. This time thankfully it's a peaceful one, no nightmares.

When I finally wake Zane is still sound asleep. I decide to let him sleep as I get up and get ready for the day. I walk into the closet and pick a simple white tank and high-waisted denim shorts.

 I walk into the closet and pick a simple white tank and high-waisted denim shorts

(Her in her outfit)

Once dressed I hear the shower start. Zane must be up and getting ready too. Today is the day, my 'funeral'. Today is the day Lane is coming.

I feel sick. I run into the bathroom not even paying attention to Zane and go straight to the toilet. Everything from last night comes up.

Well that's just great...

That's how I wanted to start my day. Zane jumps out of the shower and rushes over to me. Almost slipping in the process. The sight makes me smile a little.

"I'm glad I'm at least amusing." He chuckles. "Are you okay?"

He gets down level with me and pulls my hair back. Once he's holding it all in one hand he uses the other to rub my back.

"Yeah. Just the thought of Lane coming." I say.

He growls slightly at the mention of Lane. I just roll my eyes. I sit back on my heels for a moment and just breathe.

"I'm okay." I say as I stand up.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

We both exit the bathroom. I sit on the bed and he goes to the closet to get dressed. He comes out dressed in an all black suit.

Oh my Goddess... I think I'm drooling...

I subconsciously wipe the side of my face to make sure I'm not actually drooling. I feel like I could looking at him now. He smirks at me knowing his effect on me, which snaps me out of my trance.

"Like what you see?" He teases

"Eh... it's okay. I've seen better." I wink back.

He puts his hand up against his heart in mock offense and says "You wound me deeply little wolf."

I just smile at him and he laughs in return. I love that we can be playful with each other. I've never had a relationship like this one before. Everything seems new, everything seems right.

Don't get too comfortable...

The little voice in my head reminds me. I stand and walk over to the balcony. I see the pack is busy getting ready for today's event. I'm so grateful they're so willing to help me. After the 'funeral' will be my Luna ceremony. I will officially be the packs Luna.

Zane walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. We gently sway back and forth for a moment before he stops. He turns me to face him and he looks serious.

"Are you sure you're ready for today?" He asks.

"Yes. More ready than you could ever imagine." I tell him truthfully.

"If you say so, my love." He kisses my forehead and walks back into the room.

I know he's nervous for me about today. This is just something I have to do. Something I need to do, and by myself. I know he doesn't like it, but he has to trust me.

Besides... I made a promise to Selene...

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters