59

I take in the newly mated couples that stand in front of us.

"Alpha. Luna, happy birthday. " They all say as they bow their heads.

We nod our head in acceptance of their bows "Thank you all. How may we help you?" I ask them.

The first couple walks up to us. The man, Kendrick, is one of our warriors. He's the one to speak "I found my mate, this is Hailey Wintercrest. She would like to join me here in my pack."

"Did her Alpha approve already?" Zane asks.

Kendrick nods his head "Yes Alpha, he did."

Zane nods in approval.

I smile as the shy girl who's half hidden behind her mate "Hello Hailey, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine Luna, and again happy birthday." She squeaks out as she states at the ground.

"You can look at me you know?" I chuckle "And please, call me Nova." I let sweetness and sincerity drip from my voice.

She sheepishly looks up at me with a slightly shocked expression, then finally smiles. She is truly a beautiful girl. With her beautiful wavy natural red hair, big emerald eyes and the dusting of freckles across her nose cheek bones. I'm not sure what it is about her, but I get the feeling we'll be great friends. I'm already thrilled she's joining our pack.

"Thank you for your kindness Luna, but I couldn't possibly call you by your name." She blushes in embarrassment as she speaks.

At least she's actually looking at me... progress.

"Nonsense, of course you can. I said so, and we would love to have you join our pack." I grin at her.

"O-okay Nova. Thank you so much!" Her eyes light up as she talks.

I can see her mate looking at her lovingly, before giving me a grateful smile. He wraps his arm around her and they walk off. She looks back at me for a second giving me a brilliant smile and a quick wave, before turning back around.

I already really like this girl... I'm going to have to bring her out of her shell some.

When I look at Zane I see him giving me a knowing look, with a sly grin on his face. I just roll my eyes at him and face the next couple to approach us. It's one of our female warriors and her mate. She's apparently three years older than him. He was in warrior training at his pack, and also wants to join our pack. We approve it.

The next couple to approach us was a male member of our pack that works in maintenance. His mate is a male warrior that's high ranking from a neighboring pack, and he wishes to join his mates pack. We give him our blessing to do so.

The last couple to approach us is a female member of our pack who is a warrior in elite training. Her mate works in the kitchen at his pack, and he wishes to join our pack. We approve it.

We have another couple approach shortly after. One is a high ranking female warrior of our pack. Her mate is a female who works in the gardens at her pack. She wishes to join our pack, and we approve.

All the couples we have spoken to so far have already gotten the approval of their mates Alpha. Which just makes things go much easier for us in the long run. By the end of the night we have twenty-three newly mated couples. Sixteen of the newly mated couples will become members joining our pack tonight. We are also losing seven members that wish to join their mates at their pack.

After the other packs leave, we have a welcoming ceremony for all new members. You can feel the love, joy and excitement in the air as they all finally complete the bond to our pack. After the welcoming ceremony, Zane announces that we'll be going on a pack run to fully accept the all new members.

I'm so excited because this will be Laylas first pack run. Zane said we had fifteen minutes until the run, so I decide to go find her. It doesn't take me long, she's still standing where I left her with her mate. I run up behind and jump on her back placing my hands over her eyes.

"Guess who?" I try to make my voice sound gruff, but it just comes out like I'm constipated.

Epic fail...

Layla laughs loudly and I hop off her back. I smack her arm "Shut up."

She's still laughing and trying to catch her breath. I see tears roll down her cheek as she wheezes for air. I roll my eyes at her.

"It wasn't that funny." I mutter.

"Oh, yes it was." She finally manages to say.

I narrow my eyes at her "Whatever." I huff.

"Anyway, are you excited for your first pack run?" I grin at her.

What I didn't expect was the reaction I got. Instead of being happy and excited, she looks nervous and scared. I pull her in for a quick hug and squeeze her tightly.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I let her go, but keep a hand on her shoulder.

"It's just... this is my first pack run." She states nervously.

"Yeah?" I look at her questioningly.

"What if... what if I don't do well? What if I mess up somehow or get lost?" She looks at me and I see the fear in her eyes.

"Oh LaLa, you know I'd never let that happen. You're an amazing she-wolf and I bet you'll outshine most of the pack. Besides, you'll have James with you too. Do you really think he'd leave you behind?" I smile at her reassuringly.

I see the worry and fear leave her eyes and she takes a deep breath. She closes her eyes and nods her head.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I was just letting my nerves get the best of me." She smiles at me and pulls me in for one more hug. She whispers in my ear "Thank you."

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Hailey, but feel free to change her however you like.

Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)