27

Zanes POV

This woman will be the death of me. I can't help but love everything about her, even in the short time I've known her. It's not just her looks, but it's everything about her. Her voice, personality, smile hell even her attitude is sexy to me.

She drives me crazy in so many ways, but mostly good ways. I thank the Goddess that her asshole ex mate lead her to me. Even if he didn't know he did. I will kill him for hurting her though. If he had actually killed her, I don't know what I would've done.

She is perfect to me, and I want to show her that. I want to show her how she deserves to be treated and loved. She should be worshiped like the Goddess she is.

The little things I've noticed about her drive me wild. Like the way her nose will twitch like a rabbit when she's thinking. Or how her ear will twitch when she's mad. These little things make her, her. And I love her. She asked me to help plan her 'funeral' so I will.

Anything to help her get her happiness. And this will give me mine too. Watching that piece of shit pay for what he did to her. He deserves it and so much worse. Moon Goddess will see to his punishment after we do though.

I've already arranged everything, and the pack knows not to let him know she's alive. Plus keeping Giselle in the cells will help make sure no one tells him. She would be the one to do it.

She'll be in there a week. I wanted much longer, but Nova was okay with it. Felix was the one who asked us not to go too hard on her. She did receive twenty lashes with a silver whip too though. She earned it if you ask me.

I want to ask Nova more about the things she's keeping from me. Things about herself, who she really is. Mostly what all she's capable of. If she's who I suspect, she can do a ton of damage. A ton of good too though, depending on how she uses her gifts.

I think I'm going to have to ask her more about herself today. I need to talk to her before he comes. That only leaves today now.

Novas POV

Zane just called me to his office, and I'm not sure why. Probably something to do with the funeral arrangements or Lane coming, I hope.

I slowly approach his office. From the scent it's only him in there. Which relaxes me a lot. I hate having other peoples input on my decisions. Before I can even knock I hear him.

"Come in Nova."

I open the door and walk in, closing it behind me. I love his office. If I ever have one a want a more girly version of this.

"How'd ya know it was me?" I ask.

He just points to his nose and I nod in understanding.

"So what's up?"

"We need to talk." He looks serious.

"About?" I give him a questioning look.

"About you."

"What about me?"

"About what all you can do Nova. And who you truly are."

"Oh."

Fuck..

"Yeah. So do you want to start?"

"I don't know where to start really. I knew I was different when I shifted at thirteen instead of fifteen."

His eyes widen slightly at that but I keep going.

"After I shifted I started noticing things. Things that I could do that others couldn't. Like heightened senses, even for a shifter. Like how I survived the fall from the balcony. I'm immune to everything that can cause our kind harm, like silver and wolfsbane. I also noticed my moods can affect the weather, but I haven't been able to actually control it. I can't move things with my mind or control people. At least that I know of. Honestly I'm not really sure what all I can do."

Lie... I know exactly what I'm capable of.

He just nods at me to continue, so I do.

"You've seen my wolf. I'm bigger than any other wolf I've ever seen, Alphas included. I also learned early in life that nothing can scar me. Not even silver."

This seems to get his attention. He stands up from his chair and walks over to me. Not stopping until he's directly in front of me.

"And how did you learn that?" He growls

"My father-"

He roars and I slap his shoulder.

"Do you want me to finish the story?"

"Sorry, continue."

He sits on the chair and pulls me to sit in the one next to him. So I do, I'd rather sit anyway.

"So my father trained me harder ever since I was a pup. He thought being half human would make me weak."

He growls lowly but doesn't stop me.

"When I shifted at thirteen, we knew I was different. He wanted to see what all I was capable of. So one day he had a silver whip."

I can see his nails digging into the arms of the chair and his eyes darken in anger.

"It was just to see if I was fast enough to dodge it. But I tripped and the whip landed a blow. We noticed the scar healed almost instantly. Not leaving a single mark. We tested a lot of theories."

I mumble out the last part, but I know he heard me. I know he's angry and it's putting me on edge. I don't like him being this mad.

"I'll kill him!"

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the Zanes office, but feel free to change it however you want to.
P.S: Don't forget to vote ;) more likes = more chapters!!