47

Novas POV

"We need to talk." Zane states as I'm still hugging him.

I let go and back up cocking my head to the side "Okay, about what?"

Max walks up beside Zane and says "I think this needs to be a private conversation."

This can't be good...

"Okay." I turn to face the girls "I'll see y'all in a little while."

They each nod and give me a quick hug before exiting the room. Zane and Max walk over to take a seat and I follow behind.

Both their facial expressions tell me this isn't going to be a good conversation. Zane looks pissed and nervous, while Max looks scared.

"What's going on?" I ask.

Neither of them say anything, but they give each other a look. I guess debating who's going to deliver this apparently bad news.

"Guys come on, it can't be that bad." I try to joke, still neither of them speak.

Shit... maybe it is...

Now I'm getting pissed. Someone better fucking tell me what the fuck is going on. I notice neither of them even want to make eye contact with me.

"Someone better start fucking talking!" I finally snap.

Max let's out a sigh as he stands up and starts pacing the room. Then he starts talking. He tells me how he met his mate a few weeks ago. He tells me how my father plans on using me, by using Zane. Then he tells me how his mate is a Vampire, but that not all vampires or covens agree with the Royal Coven.

Well fuck...

I fall back into my seat, I just did not see this shit coming. I knew I was sent to stop a war. I knew it would probably be with the vampires. I however did not see my father trying to use me to gain control of the entire fucking world. And by sacrificing my mate at that. Or see my brother being mated to a vampire.

Fuck you Selene... always gotta make shit harder don't you? Bitch.

"Nova?" Zane is waving his hand in front of my face, I must have zoned out for a moment.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts "I'm sorry what?"

"I was asking what you think about all of this. Are you okay?" Zanes eyes are soft and caring as he stares into mine. I can see the worry in them too.

"I... I don't know. It's a lot to process at once."

"I'm sorry but I knew y'all needed to know." Max chimes in.

"No, don't be sorry. I'm grateful you told us. I just can't believe it. I haven't heard of a shifter and a vampire being mates in... well I don't know how long. It figures it would be my brother that gets mated with one."

I'm not trying to a bitch, but their life will be difficult. By the sad yet happy look on Max's face he already knows this.

"I love her." Is all he says.