57

I stare for another moment, just to make sure what I'm seeing is real. Before the skanks finger makes it past his belly button I'm beside them. I grab the skank by the back of her neck and yank her backwards. Growling at her in the process.

"What the fuck!" Her high pitched squeal is like nails on a chalkboard.

"What the fuck is right! What the fuck do you think you're doing touching MY MATE!" I yell at her.

You're a Luna... Act like a Luna...

I tell myself to keep myself from ripping her apart. I see panic and fear cross her eyes before she tries to cover it up with fake confidence. Zane tries to touch my shoulder, but I shrug him off.

'Don't you fucking dare touch me right now. I'll deal with you in a minute.' I link him.

"You're mate? Ha, he was my man just a few months ago. I had to go away for business, but I'm back now and picking up where I left off; with Zane." She smirks at me.

This bitch has a death wish...

"Your man?" I laugh dryly "You were just another one of his slutty play-things to help pass the time. You think he actually cares about you or has feelings for you?"

She has a dumbfounded look on her face, that quickly turns to anger which makes her face turns bright red. We have the attention of the entire party at this point.

"I was not just a play-thing!" She scoffs "He does care about me! He told me so!" She stomps her foot like a toddler.

I smirk "Oh honey, bless your poor soul. And you believed him? If he cared so deeply for you" I move my hair off my shoulder so it's not longer covering my mark "then why did he mark me?"

She goes speechless, but she opens and closes her mouth a few times like a fish. I just give her a malicious smile.

"Did you not realize this is a birthday party for this packs Luna? Which means Zanes mate, which is me." I cock my head to the side.

"I thought this was for his mom." She rolls her eyes at me.

Did she really just roll her fucking eyes at me?

"Well it's not. I'm only going to tell you this once, do not touch my mate again." I sneer at her.

She smirks back at me "He'll be begging me to touch him soon enough."

That's it, she's dead...

I growl viciously at her as I deck her in the nose. I hear a sickening crack and she goes flying backwards. I walk over to where she landed and stand over her. I can see the blood pouring out of her nose even as she tries to cover it.

"Say that one more time." I lash out at her.

'Baby please listen to me for a second. I know you're mad, you have every right to be. However she's an Alphas daughter, and I really don't want to go to war with another pack right now. So please don't kill her.' Zane links me.

Of fucking course she is... mental eye roll.

She starts blubbering and crying as she looks back at Zane "Zaneeee, are you just going to let her talk to me like that and hit me?"

He laughs as he looks down shaking his head before he looks back up at her "You offended my Luna, what do think?"

I smirk as she goes wide eyed again. "B-but Zane I -"

"Enough!" I cut her off. "Get the fuck out of my party and off my pack land, now!" I let my authority boom within my voice.

She swiftly gets up and takes off. I turn my attention to a nearby warrior "Make sure she leaves pack land."

He nods and goes to follow her. The people slowly start to go back to dancing and talking. I feel Zane come up behind me. I turn to face him.

"What the fuck Zane?! Why did you let that skank put her hands all over you?!" I snap at him as I push him.

He fumbles back a little and frowns at me "I'm sorry, I swear I had already pushed her hands off me once and told her I was mated. You just happen to look when she tried again and before I could push her away again. Honestly think about it, how far did her hand move before you pulled her back?"

I stopped and thought about it for a second, he's right. It felt like a long time, but in reality her hand barely moved an inch before I ripped her off. I moved so fast he wouldn't have had time to do anything before I got there. She must have just put her hands on him when I looked.

"It's true Luna, I saw the whole thing." Some man I don't know comes up behind Zane and stands beside him.

I raise an eyebrow at him "And who are you?"

He bows to me "Forgive me for not introducing myself Luna. My name is James Baxter, a warrior from the Red Moon Pack. I was at the bar when Stacie approached Alpha Black, what he said happened was true.

"Thank you James. I appreciate you telling me."

Before he can reply Layla comes running up to me, or should I say into me. She literally runs into, but tries to save it by hugging me. After she hugs me she grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me.

"Bitch that was crazy! I don't know how you didn't kill that skank! I would've killed that fucking skank!" She yells, not realizing we're not as close to the music and doesn't need to yell.

Someone has had too much to drink...

Suddenly Layla sniffs the air and then she stiffens. I see a look of shock cross her face.

Oh shit...

"Mate."

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision James Baxter, but feel free to imagine him however you like.

Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)